Who we're looking for
- The Lean thinkers and continuous improvers dedicated to moving organisations and cultures forward.
- You recognise that any system optimisation we do is to support your responsibility of delivering value to our business.
- You focus on outcomes and ruthlessly pursue the most value for the least effort. You challenge technical working practices of teams and can hold your own in discussions with technical people on topics such as TDD, XP, and shift left testing.
- Above all you're a pragmatist and understand that lasting change is a marathon and not a sprint and, in the meantime, you'll need to adapt practices to work for current context.
- You understand that mindset change is fundamental to the longevity of change above process and practice.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
Salesforce continues to be the bedrock of our Asset Management business, driving out Sales, Client Service and Marketing teams. Deeply embedded into business processes, successful in performing a central role capturing digital touchpoints and returning analytics driven insights to the Asset Management business, we're now looking to maximise the investment by extending the value of these platforms (Sales, Service and Pardot Clouds) across the Schroders Group including Wealth and Private Assets.
The Salesforce Platform Team will evolve to provide delivery across the Schroders Group, including engineering and architecture oversight, initially offering a Delivery-as-a-Service capability to our Wealth business, as well as focusing on additional value from the next generation of Sales, Client Service and Marketing aligned products.
The Salesforce Platform team represent one of a number of platforms that sit within the Distribution and Marketing Platforms horizontal, which provides all tooling, applications and platforms to support the Sales, Client Service and Marketing teams.
What you'll do
• Partner with your Product and Engineering peers to build and maintain a multi-year platform roadmap for the business aligned with the technical strategy
• Responsible for the delivery of a backlog of work associated with one or more products of varied complexity though one or two teams.
• Build and maintain motivated teams with your product and engineering peers, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards the regular delivery of value that's balanced between technical improvement and product change.
• Coach the team and those with influence upon them. Apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques and facilitate continuous improvement.
• Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles, and get the best value against constraints.
• Protect the team and make sure they are able to collaborate, communicate effectively, and focus on what is most important.
• Facilitate the capture and analysis of metrics to provide appropriate insights to the team and their stakeholders, using data and context to demonstrate progress and improvement.
• Work with your Product Lead to help the team get closer to the needs of users, and understand the problem space - ensuring the team and the stakeholders are aligned.
• Work in close collaboration with your engineering and product counterparts - sharing the responsibility for managing those in your teams to support their in-role development and career progression.
• Collaborate with and contribute to the delivery community, helping to define best good practice and contributing to the ongoing improvement to our ways of working.
• Support the smooth running of teams with administrative activities such as budgeting and forecasting.
• Line manage, setting objectives, agreeing personal development plans and providing regular feedback to team members
• Manage risk addressing End of Life/Feature Retirement across the platform
• Identify, document, negotiate and oversee engagements with vendors and consultancy suppliers.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Demonstratable experience of helping teams set and meet objectives and track their progress towards them.
• Experience influencing developers, QAs, Bas, and Product Leads in the adoption and appropriate application of agile ways of working.
• Experience of managing multiple initiatives - helping teams provide transparency of their work and their capacity and fostering effective collaboration between teams and stakeholders.
• The tenacity to remove bottlenecks and impediments to efficient delivery.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams through an agile journey, having experienced different challenges and arrived at different solutions for different contexts.
• Ideally you will have coached teams during a period of agile transformation.
• Experience creating agile metrics and reporting - understanding the difference between leading and lagging indicators and the optimum usage of them.
• Solid understanding of agile and lean approaches, and knowledge of organisational psychology, team motivation, and core coaching and facilitation techniques.
• Experience of managing and delivering on 3rd party SaaS platforms that offer a mix of declarative and programmatic capabilities. Ideally Salesforce's Sales, Service and Pardot Clouds.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of growing a platform to enterprise level, supporting multiple additional businesses from a single multi-skilled development capability.
• Deep technical experience of Salesforce's platforms (Sales, Service and Pardot Clouds), as well as relationship management.
• Salesforce Certification (e.g. Salesforce Certified Administrator), although training will be provided for the successful candidate if required.
• Preferable to have financial services sector experience but this is not essential.
What you'll be like
• A natural servant leader who models agile ways of working and inspires others
• Friendly and approachable with a desire to collaborate with a diverse set of people.
• You're mindful of how information may be received and therefore communicate with tact and sensitivity.
• You're comfortable using both business and technology terms.
• You show initiative and thrive in a fast-paced and time-critical environment.
• Capable of remaining positive under pressure.
• You respect the authority of business stakeholders and the direction provided by senior people but are capable of being objective and comfortable providing constructive challenge and telling it how it is.
• You hold yourself accountable, dealing fairly with everyone and demonstrating integrity,
• You're willing to get your 'hands dirty' to get the job done.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.