About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to build tailored solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented and dedicated people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We encourage applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Job Purpose Statement
We are searching for an Analyst within the Investment Consultancy & Oversight team, who will focus on Equity investment strategies managed in EMEA and APAC. You will be a self-starter who is detail-oriented, creative and flexible and who can demonstrate excellent analytical, problem solving and communications skills. You will work in a collaborative environment where you will interact with a diverse set of investment and non-investment professionals and you will work in an organization that is committed to diversity and inclusion, and supports work-life balance, structured mentoring and career progression.
• Participate in research through idea generation, data preparation, and meticulous analysis, reaching conclusions and generating insightful and impactful recommendations to improve overall portfolio outcomes.
• Present specific analysis during 5P meeting discussions and communicate insights to investment professionals and senior leaders.
• Provide an independent, objective perspective on the merits, weaknesses, and prospects of investment strategies. Work with Investment Desks and Senior Management to proactively address potential issues and areas for improvement.
• Decompose return/risk drivers over time, uncover any unintended exposures and variances to the stated investment philosophy and objectives, with the goal of making an impactful contribution to the success of the strategies and ultimately helping clients to achieve their investment goals.
• Represent the 5P team more broadly across the organization including governance committees and cross-firm working groups.
• Support the overall business through analysis of new investment products, help define investment parameters and return characteristics and ensure new strategies have the resources needed for success.
• Help develop other team members to further improve team's capabilities and skills.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills with intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and collaborative approach.
• Experience in the finance industry, particularly within Equities.
• Strong engagement and proactive communication skills with the ability to inform and appropriately influence colleagues, business partners, investment teams and senior management.
• Knowledge of portfolio analytics and calculation methodologies.
• Experience with or desire to learn Python, R or similar analytics/data science tools.
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree.