Description About this role About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2022, the firm managed approximately $9.57 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. About Client Experience
The CX organization, situated within Technology & Operations, touches all aspects of the client journey, and is aligned across 4 key pillars: Onboarding (Contracting, Client & Product Implementation, Due Diligence), CX Operations (COM, Invoicing, Reporting), CX Delivery (Client Experience Management, Whole portfolio Solutions Servicing), and CX Transformation (COO, Projects & Engineering, Analytics, Research). Our vision is to make service so simple it becomes a source of alpha for BlackRock. Team Overview
The Onboarding team is part of CX Organization and encompasses the Implementation, Document & Lifecycle Management functions for managing client and business changes within the BlackRock platform and across the firm's business channels. The team plays an active and visible role with our clients and works closely with the Client & Investment businesses, Legal, critical operations teams and external services providers to deliver an outstanding "One BlackRock" client experience. Role Responsibility
The role is to join our Onboarding Implementation team responsible for the onboarding and operational support of new and existing BlackRock Clients. This includes new client portfolio and fund-launch events as well as critical client change activity such as investment guideline updates and benchmark changes. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading changes to client's portfolios and BlackRock funds, leading the launch of certain portfolios and coordinating internal BlackRock teams (sales, portfolio management, investment operations, and corporate functions) across the Americas.
Day to day tasks and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and run launch and change events with all impacted partners (internal and external)
- Partner with our sales and client service teams and to manage the onboarding experience by clearly articulating the key landmarks to implement a new portfolio or a desired change
- Review activity dashboard and handle the tasks associated with client onboarding activities
- Provide critical control functions such as requesting/receiving sign-offs from key functions in advance of launches/changes becoming effective and incorporating service level agreements into credible end-to-end timelines
- Build strong relationships across the organization by listening carefully to our internal partners and working hard to deliver for the firm
- Identify and drive process improvement opportunities that lower the risk of errors and increase efficiency
- Participation in the development and implementation of continuous improvement of the control environment, policies and procedures, looking for ways to innovate and drive the business forward, delivering a superior client experience.
- Act as a role model within the team and when required, assist in the training and development of team members, helping them prioritise their own workloads appropriately.
- 5+ year's experience in a high-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Information Technology skills
- Strong client service skills and a passion for delivering service excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills and be confident, friendly and respectful individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable liaising with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving and willingness to exceed for clients
- Motivated, diligent and cares about results
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage and control their own priorities to meet deadlines
- An enthusiasm for the financial markets
- A good teammate, able to integrate and build rapport quickly
- Respect for process governance
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.