VP Credit Manager - Financial Institutions and Non-Bank Financial Institutions - Global Corporate an
- 6-10 years of total experience within Credit Analysis / Credit Risk
- While this team covers Financial Institutions, our client is looking for a candidate with strong experience dealing with NBFI's (essential) such as investment trusts, asset management and private equity firms and insurance companies, etc.
- Strong stakeholder management and analytical skills with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Confidence to work in an advisory capacity and be solutions-oriented
- Critical challenge and detailed review of credit submissions from Front Office providing recommendations to Approvers within Credit Department, EMEA or Head Office.
- A second line of defence role providing credit risk management / oversight of new credit transactions, in designated sectors within the Financial Institutions (FI) and sovereign credit portfolio across EMEA.
- Provide the effective credit management of client relationship and exposures within designated sectors within the FI credit portfolio across EMEA.
- Exercise strong risk assessment methodology toward new transactions and management of a portfolio of FI clients (including Problem Assets), across a broad variety of sectors, geographies, and asset / product types.
- Working as a trusted partner with Front Office deal teams to ensure delivery to clients whilst maintaining high credit quality. Articulate Credit Department risk perception and appetite for a transaction in line with bank policy and procedures, manage the interaction and communication with front office teams, and attend meetings with clients where necessary.
- Experience and capability to take a complex FI transaction from inception to approval with limited supervision.
- Flexibility to work to tight deadlines under pressure (including ability to work outside of contracted hours from time to time / as workflow demands), to give prompt responses to customers.
- Collaborate with other risk and compliance functions where appropriate to ensure enterprise wide view of risk is considered.
- Assist other members of the team by proactively taking work in a manner which ensures work is fairly distributed, particularly in times of strong workflow / staff absences.
- Develop relationships within the team: seek guidance and advice from colleagues; express well-reasoned arguments and influence senior management; and assist in recruitment and training of more junior staff.
- Willingness / flexibility to be involved in ad hoc projects supporting the strategy of FI credit team and the wider department / institution.
- Draw on expertise and professional knowledge to propose innovative solutions / improvements to status quo.
- Exemplify strong credit management and analytical skills to more junior staff, sharing experience to assist in their professional development, and build expertise within the team.
- Take responsibility for on time, on budget delivery of results.
- Degree level education and / or relevant professional qualifications and a track record of continued learning and development.
- Very meaningful experience in a credit management role within a major international bank, with likely to have seen a broad range of products / transaction types and some experience of varying credit market conditions.
- Strong working knowledge of key products including familiarity with documentation and market trends.
- Experience and knowledge on Non-Bank FI, such as private equity funds / financial sponsors, investment trusts / asset managers, and insurance companies in developed countries.
- High level of IT literacy, strong written and verbal communication skills (supporting preparation of succinct and focused credit papers), and strong interpersonal skills (supporting collaboration / teamwork).
- Experience of problem asset management / work-outs and experience within a Front Office role is desirable.
- Have a network of professional relationships within the financial, legal and corporate communities and up to date knowledge of trends in the FI credit markets across EMEA.