FVP, Project Manager (Retail Credit Portfolio), Group Retail & Channels T&O
Posting Date: 08-Nov-2022
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing. Job Responsibilities
- Undertake scoping and evaluation of new initiatives. Define overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional and technical teams including business analysts, solution architect, business technology services teams, and testing teams to define/clarify requirements
- Lead the discussions at the project working and steering committee
- Plan and manage budget, technical deliverables as per plan
- Work with the Functional Business Analyst to ensure that functional requirements are well defined and delivered
- Work with the Architects and Solution Architects to ensure solution designs are delivered
- Work with the Tech Delivery managers to deliver detailed estimates for the build and test phases of the program.
- Work with Group Banking Technology team on the smooth delivery of the solution
- Review Test Strategy, help plan and support the user acceptance testing and help address any issues. Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the new operations and technical capabilities will be delivered to the business.
- Spot potential problems, recognize the risk impact and propose risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure deliveries are as per plan. Pro-actively highlight risks and develop mitigation strategies
- End-to-end responsibility for multiple projects in the region
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 15 years' experience in Banking, Consulting, IT services with proven track record
- Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding communications, influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
- Passionate, diligent and resilient individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Experience in scoping and evaluation - Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
- Experience should include working on transformation initiatives within the APAC region related to retail credit decision processes, data analytics and credit scoring models.
- Demonstrate a good mix of technical and functional skills and be cognizant of market practices, regulations and regional nuances.
- Demonstrate excellent project management capabilities evidenced by successful project delivery
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Origination systems and tools such as Experian, FICO or equivalent will be an added advantage.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.