As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you.
The Portfolio Manager handles various aspects of credit risk management for PB / TPC including but not limited to country limit management, counterparty limit management, MIS reporting, RWA / capital optimization for PB / TPC, setting up of lending programmes, as well as credit process improvement initiatives for PB / TPC.
In addition to managing the varied activities of the PB / TPC credit portfolio, the Portfolio Manager needs to be a skilled project manager to lead credit or risk-related initiatives / projects to facilitate operational efficiency within Wealth, as well as enhance customer journey. There will also be opportunities to participate in complex multi-year, cross-functional initiatives. The role is demanding and requires a candidate with a good grasp of risk (including MAS / HKMA regulations), credit, systems, and data analytics, as well as an appreciation of operations and finance.
Finally, the Portfolio Manager will facilitate the upholding of a strong risk culture within the team. Responsibilities
- Establish appropriate country limit and counterparty limits to support business needs of PB / TPC in SG, HK, Taiwan, China and Indonesia.
- Monitor country limit utilisation and counterparty limit utilisation to ensure utilisation within limits, and to report limit breach and / or remediate the breach.
- Undertake due diligence to set out lending programmes for PB / TPC and this includes preparation of credit memo that includes mapping out the end-to-end credit process.
- Lead credit process improvement and credit initiatives.
- Participate in complex multi-year, cross-functional initiatives as assigned.
- Provide MIS and risk reporting for the credit portfolio of PB / TPC.
- Facilitate maintenance / enhancement of the Wealth AIRB model.
- Engage in and RWA / capital optimisation projects for CBG & Wealth.
- Degree from a recognised university in business, accountancy, finance or IT.
- Good working knowledge of wealth investment products and retail banking products (real estate, credit card etc.).
- Good understanding of credit portfolio management and risk management.
- Prior experience in project management will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good team player with excellent attitude, interpersonal skills and able to multi-task.
- Possess perseverance and initiative.
- Ability to think out of the box but anchored with high professional integrity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.