ESG Specialist, State Street Global Advisors, Officer, Hybrid Job Description Who we are looking for
As an ESG Specialist in State Street Global Advisors' (GA's) ESG organization, you will contribute to the development and implementation of GA's ESG infrastructure, which helps us meet regulatory expectations and industry standards and provide high quality service to our clients.
Select if HYBRID: This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world's largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As ESG Specialist (Officer), you will report into to the Head of ESG Operations & Administration and will be responsible for the following:
What we value
- Support the analysis and implementation of ESG and stewardship regulations that impact the asset management industry, including providing expertise to colleagues and clients around EU SFDR requirements
- Support the analysis and implementation of GA's industry and public commitments to ensure accuracy and alignment of public statements to internal practices, including leading the production of GA's annual UN PRI reporting
- Collaborate with Legal, Risk, and Compliance to ensure GA's ESG framework adheres to internal requirements, regulatory obligations, and external commitments, and implement framework as needed
- Collaborate across firm functions, including asset stewardship, portfolio management, product, operations, and client reporting, to design and implement ESG efforts
- Work closely with the Head of ESG Operations & Administration to build globally consistent processes and reporting, where appropriate
- Adapt priorities and processes as needed, in response to evolving regulatory and external requirements
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in asset management, including on ESG topics
- Experience with regulatory analysis and implementation
- Ability to manage complex projects/programs, including coordinating multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Effective collaboration, including working effectively across regions and cultures
- Attentiveness to stakeholder management, including success in building relationships across levels and functional groups
- Flexibility in response to a fast-paced, evolving field
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn about ESG concepts and regulation, particularly EU SFDR expectations, in a rapidly developing marketplace
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of GA's ESG capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional requirements Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of experience required
- Experience with regulatory analysis and implementation preferred
- Prior ESG experience preferred
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors