We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
This unique Investment Professional role will sit within PIMCO's PSG group in London with close linkages to the Account Management team, PIMCO's broad Portfolio Management group and global firm leadership. PIMCO Strategists are investment professionals that specialize in a strategy area or market sector, including ESG as a functional investment area. ESG Strategists are recognized internally and externally as experts in ESG investing.
The ESG Strategist will use highly specialized knowledge of ESG investing and financial markets to manage the sustainability transition of key clients in an efficient manner. The successful candidate will need to manage critical ESG investing related projects, including regulatory implementation and develop new implementable approaches with ESG considerations in client portfolios.
The ESG transition of key clients' portfolios will be critical to support the firm's broad development of ESG strategy. The ESG Strategist will seek to position PIMCO for sustained high growth rates and attractive levels of profitability by advising key clients systematically on their ESG journey.
The ESG Strategist will be a member of PIMCO's ESG PSG team, which covers a wide range of strategies, initiatives and critical projects for the firm. This individual will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of PIMCO's ESG business and platform development.
ESG Strategist Responsibilities:
- Serve as an expert both internally and externally on the ESG investing marketplace, portfolio construction, and research across public and private assets
- Act as dedicated representative at PIMCO for all ESG related matters towards key client leaders, including members of the management board, collaborating heavily with the dedicated Account Management team
- Spearhead the extensive collaboration on multiple levels to integrate ESG in the investment approach, sharing ESG insights and knowledge
- Develop sector strategies with senior investment managers from clients
ESG strategy and implementation
- Define and develop efficient ways to integrate ESG related KPIs into key clients' balance sheet assets managed by PIMCO
- Lead development and execution of key deliverables required to support ESG needs
- Manage critical ESG investing related projects, including regulatory implementation, across the globe including the U.S., Europe, and the Asia Pacific region in coordination with dedicated ESG teams, portfolio management, risk, legal, compliance and marketing teams
- Become a partner to key clients with appreciation for their ESG values and targets Streamline structured communication, bundling all requests and working with internal stakeholders to deliver necessary requirements in an organized and coordinated manner
- Work towards and agree with key clients on achievable objectives and align economics
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in asset management or sell-side industry
- Strong and proven project management skills and able to coordinate/align across multiple stakeholders in a timely fashion
- An MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or an equivalent advanced degree
- Robust understanding of ESG research, investing, regulations and fixed income fundamentals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude in analyzing and communicating portfolio strategy and risk factors Enthusiasm for the financial markets and investment management
- Aptitude for public speaking in both formal and informal settings, in front of a variety of types and sizes of audiences
- Entrepreneurial drive to build a business coupled with the ability to be a cooperative team player
- High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work according to business needs
- German language skills desired
- Willingness to travel, when appropriate
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and investment approach
- CFA desired
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- Pension (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office