Bloomberg runs on data and data drives the market. At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients - providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary scores. Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
Come see how you can empower smarter and more sustainable business! We'll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high-quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Research EU regulation and procure content to support best-in-class coverage
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring content to support best-in-class coverage
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries, and upskill our clients through training and client calls
You'll need to have:
- Experience working in data analysis and/or financial market research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Strong understanding of and curiosity about the ESG market, with preference for prior experience in an ESG data or research role, particularly knowledge on the EU Taxonomy
- Strong project manage skills: critical thinking, setting deadlines, and owning the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
- Keen interest in data management, technology and product development, and desire to improve and further develop our products.
- Adaptability in a frequently changing environment
We'd love to see:
- ESG-related coursework or certification
- Exposure to Bloomberg products
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.