Altus Partners are delighted to be partnered with a Private Equity backed Pharmaceuticals company to hire a Senior Portfolio Assessment Manager. They require a profile with 2 to 5 years' experience in Life Sciences consulting or in commercial/portfolio assessment, with a degree in Pharma/Sciences related subject and based in London. This person will lead the commercial assessment of new product pipeline opportunities, as well as products committed to the pipeline for Europe.
- Based in London the successful candidate will report to the Global Head of Portfolio Strategy
- You will build and assess credible patient models by market in Europe based on the commercial environment/dynamics in the major European markets.
- The successful applicant will manage and co-ordinate the planning and commissioning of primary market research on behalf of the corporate development and commercial excellence functions
- You will create market landscape reports across various therapy/channel areas to allow the business to determine if it's an area of interest. The EU and UK will be the primary geographic focus.
- To create and deliver presentations that clearly lay-out the market landscape and how the asset is positioned within the market, including a competitor analysis of existing and clinical stage/pipeline projects.
- Knowledge will be gained from insights from secondary market research and databases sourced by the company, as well as through primary market research.
- The deliverable will be the identification of the addressable market and the build-up of a value and volume multi-year patient-based forecast model with supporting assumptions that are evidence- based, thoroughly researched, and in line with the company's growth strategy.
- 2 to 5 years' experience in commercial or portfolio assessment, or pharmaceutical/life sciences consulting
- Academic qualification/degree in a Life Sciences subject
- Excellent management of market research projects and stakeholders in order to complete in full, on time and on budget
- Broad therapy area knowledge, and ability to acquire knowledge of new therapy areas quickly
- Synthesis of primary and secondary insights, resulting in a detailed product/patient-based forecast
- Naturally curious and triangulates information to deliver comprehensive and thorough findings
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Products (Excel and PowerPoint/ThinkCell)
- Expert at navigating key pharma databases and strong network of primary market service providers