Who we're looking for
A business analyst to be a part of the Investment Services Platform Team looking after Supplier Management.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Investment Services Platform Team reports to the Investment COO with a global remit. The team provides support to the Investment teams and other groups operating on the investment platform. Investment Services Platform Team works with teams across Schroders to support both business-as-usual operations and change. Aladdin by BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is a critical part of the investment platform. Ensuring effective communication with and governance of the relationship with BRS is a central responsibility of the Investment Services Platform team.
What you'll do
Provide oversight and management of the day-to-day services provided in relation to the Investment Platform by the third party supplier.
• Provide oversight and management of the day-to-day services provided by the third party Investment Platform supplier.
• Periodically track supplier performance vs. SLAs and KPIs, communicating service gaps and working to resolve these within an agreed timeframe.
• Facilitate regular Service Review meetings with the supplier covering input from global business areas including Investment, Operations and Technology. Production of agenda, inputs and minutes following.
• Support requirements from internal and external audit and on-going due diligence requirements relating to the supplier.
• Coordinate the Risk Control Assessment framework including ability to demonstrate how key controls have been met.
• Review, challenge and circulate Management Information Reporting for critical supplier oversight activities.
• Challenge the supplier to improve service capability improvements, documenting all instances.
• Record all Incident Management occurrences with the suppliers' relationship management team.
• Track and review receipt of Incident Reports, ensuring remediation actions are captured and completed prior to incident closure.
Change and Release Management
• Engagement with the Investment Platform Design Authority forum, collating and reviewing change papers for inclusion on agenda and ownership of minutes.
• Facilitate dialogue with the supplier for inclusion of changes to specific application releases through iterative and quarterly cycles.
• Management of Release Management workflow for all supplier applications, monitoring forthcoming releases through each periodic cycle. Engaging global users with provision of release documentation, highlighting functionality breakdown per application, providing feedback to the supplier from users of beta testing to fix bugs for new features prior to each release.
• Identification of applications and user base for inclusion on communication of Project Roadmap changes highlighted for the forthcoming year.
Relationship and Stakeholder Management
• Engagement with Stakeholder Management community across global Schroders business and supplier relationship management, establishing Relationships with the key resources across each organisation and business unit.
• Escalation to supplier Relationship Management team for issues, incidents, blockers, SLA breaches, releases, etc.
• Help shape and drive forward supplier oversight function within the ISPT team to establish a framework for managing daily oversight.
Governance Framework and Management Information
• Further improve the governance framework to help define the oversight function, document and maintain procedure documents, introducing new documents when the need arises; adapting existing procedures as and when needed.
• Monitor operational performance with RAG rating, track operational trends & generate solutions.
• Use of Azure ADO web application to manage tickets for various scenarios including capture of change, escalation to BRS, local work allocation, Incident management, IPDA, release management, project delivery.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of third party supplier/vendor management within an Asset Management organisation or similar.
• Supplier product release lifecycle management experience and how this interacts with an organisation.
• Service review governance, understand key metrics measurement and ability to challenge where not achieved.
• Experience of designing and producing management information
• Ability to engage with necessary resources across the organisation to manage problem through to resolution.
• Strong inter-personal and organisational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work to tight deadlines, diarised ongoing processes with the ability to prioritise work.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.