Who we're looking for
An Investment Service Platform Analyst to look after the Investment teams within the business.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Investment Services Platform Team reports to the Investment COO with a global remit. The team provides support to the Investment teams and other groups operating on the investment platform. Investment Services Platform Team works with teams across Schroders to support both business-as-usual operations and change. Aladdin by BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is a critical part of the investment platform. Ensuring effective communication with and governance of the relationship with BRS is a central responsibility of the Investment Services Platform team.
What you'll do
• Develop relationships with stakeholders across the Investment and Trading teams to ensure effective communication and delivery of the ISPT's responsibilities.
• Establish a deep knowledge of Aladdin functionality within the ISPT and across the functions operating on the system. The coordination of training on Aladdin functionality and the related business processes is an important element of this.
• ISPT is responsible for working with the investment platform user community on continuous process and control improvement and knowledge development. An important example of this is assisting with the delivery and testing of new Aladdin applications and services into the production environment.
• Provide assistance to the Schroders teams operating on the investment platform, with primary focus on Aladdin. This involves working closely with Global Technology, Operations and BRS to provide comprehensive solutions.
• Facilitate the escalation of critical production or support issues with BRS and internal teams.
• Participate in project initiatives ensuring that changes to the investment platform and associated business processes are carefully understood and implemented.
• Identify opportunities to advance the adoption of Aladdin functionality and where simple changes can be made to produce significant improvements
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience working in an asset manager or similar financial services organisation, with direct experience working with Investment teams (i.e. Fund Managers, Implementation teams, Trading teams).
• Strong understanding of Fixed Income, Equities or Trading would be advantageous.
• Familiarity with broad range of other investment products and instruments (e.g. Derivatives)
• An appreciation of Compliance and Risk in relation to portfolio management.
• Understanding of Order Management, Pre-trade Compliance and Trade Lifecycle.
• Experience of BlackRock Aladdin (or similar) platforms and in particular on applications such as Aladdin Portfolio Construction, Portfolio Monitor, Explore, Dashboard is beneficial.
• Experience of working with internal and external third party vendors to ensure business requirements are delivered within agreed timescales
• Previous project work experience would be of added value in this role.
• Confidence to engage in discussions with colleagues across the investment, operations, change and technology functions. It is important to be able to challenge and direct discussions as part of this.
• Strong understanding of business processes, technology and data management as part of the investment lifecycle.
• Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements.
• Good technical knowledge and ability to translate between IT and the business.
• Awareness of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing.
• Strong inter-personal and organisational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.