The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) is an Arab regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries. AMF is seeking to recruit a "Investment Analyst"
in the Investment Department.Job Purpose:
Oversee the performance of various investment service providers, asset managers and financial institutions through periodic reviews and quantitative analytics on portfolios. Provide the appropriate insights on developments in asset classes and financial markets. Contribute to establishing productive relationships between the Fund and its partners from regional and international financial institutions.Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications and Practical Experience:
- Conduct regular reviews and due diligence on various investment service providers and on asset managers and recommend appropriate changes as needed.
- Prepare various investment research papers and studies covering the internally managed and externally managed portfolios and the general financial market conditions.
- Conduct quantitative analytics on various internally managed and externally managed portfolios.
- Perform regular evaluation and monitoring of ratings of banks and financial institutions and recommend appropriate dealing limits based on approved investment policy and guidelines.
- Monitor portfolios through regularly reviewing valuation and performance in order to ensure timely identification of issues requiring action.
- Stay up-to-date with financial markets developments, including interest rates outlook, fixed income and equity markets.
- Prepare periodic market reports on developments in international financial markets.
- Revise and improve the procedures used in conducting analysis on various financial institutions used in the portfolio management process.
- Participate in conducting training programs on investment management to representatives from central banks and ministries of finance of Member States.
- Any other duties as per the request of the manager.
- Candidate should be of Arab origin.
- Master's degree in finance or Investment Management from a reputable and recognized university. Professional qualifications such as CFA, PRM or FRM are a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in investment management and research.
- Able to follow and comply with work policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and plan for own work schedule.
- Understanding of AMF's mandate.
- Professional use of spread sheets and Bloomberg, Reuters and data services
- Proficient reports writing skills.
- Proficient investment research skills.
- Proficient securities analysis and modeling skills.
- Proficient understanding of financial markets.
- Basic portfolio management skills.
- Credit and risk analysis skills.
- Communication skills and ability to work with teams.
- Arabic and English language skills.
The Fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air tickets, education allowance and life & medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.