VP - Investment Lending Risk Management - Credit Portfolio Officer
supports the Investment secured Portfolio for GCB and IPB businesses. Singapore Consumer Investment lending portfolio is the largest internationally and covers both MSBF (Margin/Investment Lending) and Insurance Premium Finance
This risk role is primarily responsible for managing Risk & Control aspects around Collateral review, mark to market and Policy adherence. The role involves regular interaction with Sales/Relationship Manager, Business heads, Credit Operations, Operations and Technology functions, Regional/Global risk
management including Co-ordination with One Citi Credit Risk functions in Private Banking Business.
The position reports to Investment Lending Risk Head, Singapore in the Citi Singapore Ltd, Consumer Risk Management team. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support to Investment Risk manager on Credit Policy & Collateral Management - Portfolio management, Program and Procedure review / renewals, policy related action, Credit Policy compliance, working with all stakeholders to ensure Risk policies are adhered to with appropriate controls.
- Drive strategic initiatives and new product launches impacting Investment Secured Lending product (Margin Lending and Insurance Premium Financing)
- Review, identify risk mitigates and manage lending against Insurance Policies for premium financing
- Develop best in class Underwriting Standards by automation and simplification of processes
- Support the Singapore Franchise in their Key & Critical strategy of "Winning in Wealth" strategy.
- Identify and establish/enhance key controls by leading technology upgrades/automation, MCA etc for various risk processes.
- Co-ordinate and work with stakeholders in improving the Risk & Control processes by embarking on streamlined credit evaluation process, Collateral review and Analytics process including Automation and Straight Through Processing to further build up the Bank's capacity and competitiveness in acquiring quality business and growth.
- Prepare risk management presentations for senior management that include analytics on expected portfolio performance and areas of potential risk and/or opportunity
- Build and participate in cross team relationships with Business, operations and Regional risk team to effectively manage the business.
- Provide adequate training to team members and other functional stakeholders from a Risk Policy perspective.
- Assist in FCR and other regulatory reviews. Identify, escalate existing and potential risks and take corrective actions as appropriate.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
Job Family Group:
- Ideal candidate will have a Finance/Math/Stat/Engg. degree holder with at least 10-12 years of work experience in Credit policy and/or Margin Lending in Consumer/Private Banking
- Experience in working on Insurance Premium Financing across Product Management / Risk Policy will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of wealth management, understanding of global financial market and dynamics of financial instruments are critical for the role
- Understanding of BASEL III / IFRS9 and expertise in different capital treatments for Investment Lending Product offerings will be a key differentiator.
- Excellent analytical skills - Able to manage large transaction / data request flow; proficient analytical skills that are applicable across different asset classes, products and customer classes.
- Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity.
- Bring along an excellent and Optimistic "Can-Do" & Client First attitude.
- Problem Recognition - Ability to eliminate recurring problems and reduce costs associated with unresolved process/product challenges. Ability to breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed. Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively; proficient in developing new ideas and improving current processes
- Proven ability to balance Risk and Reward and provides well-reasoned, balanced assessments of risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions and client relationships.
- Experience in SAS, Data analytics technique and programming is an added advantage.
- Sensitivity to macro and regulatory issues and their impact from a risk management perspective
- Good communication skill (verbal and written) and able to interact well with risk management, Business seniors as well as internal auditors and external regulators. Ability to convince others through knowledge, analysis and communication skill is key requirement for the role.
- Be an effective team player and also coach junior staff, challenges their conclusions and assumptions.
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting