We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
2023 Summer Internship - Alternatives Business Management Intern, US Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters See yourself as an Alternatives Business Management Intern:
Since launching its first opportunistic credit vehicles over 15 years ago, PIMCO has developed a significant presence in both alternative credit and private investment strategies. Our strategies include those that seek to identify value primarily in listed securities, relying on fundamental and capital structure analysis, and also strategies that seek to privately finance the debt and equity needs of companies, asset holders, and origination platforms. We invest globally across commercial and residential real estate and mortgage credit, performing and distressed corporate debt, and specialty finance markets.
As an Alternatives Business Management Intern, you will support the smooth operation of PIMCO's alternatives business across relevant funds and accounts. You will work closely with portfolio managers to deliver relevant data and analytics to support decision-making. You will also support transformative strategic initiatives that are being led by the team. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
What to expect during the interview process:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You'll excel as an Alternatives Business Management Intern if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-refined communications skills. Can articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in the following is a plus: Excel, SQL, Business Objects, Bloomberg, iLEVEL, PowerBI, and DealCloud
- Preferred but not required: buy or sell side trade room, private equity and/or real estate, legal and/or compliance, product and/or project management related experience
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers