Description About this role What team will you be on?
The Global Trading business executes trades on behalf of all portfolio management teams at the firm. The team is organized along regions and asset classes, providing the best service to our investment teams, and achieving optimal outcomes for our clients. We believe BlackRock's size and scale serves as a distinct advantage, uniquely positioning us to access liquidity and deliver consistently strong execution. Why is your role important?
The Fixed Income Trading Team in San Francisco is seeking a trader to trade global interest rates with a focus on North American interest rates trading. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with both internal and external partners to provide best execution and market flow information for investment activities in interest rate markets. Fundamental knowledge of rates markets is preferred. What will you be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Work closely with fellow team members to provide best execution in core rates markets for Fixed Income PM teams
- Primarily support order workflow and execution of instruments covering US Treasuries, TIPS, Mortgage-backed securities, Canadian government and provincial bonds, and Total Return Swaps
- Provide insight into market activity and disseminate market intelligence and flow information, engaging with the sell-side and providing input on counterparty relationships
- Work both independently and with other BlackRock teams to develop technology to enhance workflow and analysis across the derivatives platform
- Experience with fixed income cash
- Fundamental competence with basic fixed income concepts
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency are vital
- Programming and scripting skills are preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize demands in a high-volume, high-pressure business
- Ability to work in entrepreneurial environment and to be a motivated and adaptable self-starter
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Series 7 and 63 are preferred but not required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.