We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
The Core Engineering group provides the building blocks, platforms, and self-service tools that create high availability, operationally resilient, and scalable applications to enable our business to deliver value to our clients. In addition, we make it easier for other people to operate and help developers build complex distributed system software.
As part of the Engineering team, you will join a talented group of technology engineers who enjoy improving all aspects of the CICD Pipeline platform, automating platform infrastructures, working closely with Development teams, and improving the efficiency of the SDLC process and modernizing the infrastructure by migrating workloads to the public cloud.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work closely with Product Owner and Engineering teams to understand the functional requirements, convert them to technical requirements, produce designs, and implement solutions.
- Work with other Engineers on the team to manage CICD platforms Infrastructure - Gitlab, Jfrog Artifactory, and Legacy tools and be actively involved in technical challenges.
- Wear a developer hat if required and build and modify pipelines to improve developer efficiency.
- Implement DevOps principles everywhere
- Customer-Centric Action
- Automate everything you can
- Continuous Improvement
- Orchestrate deployment into private and public cloud solutions.
- Show your great work and technical solutions to other engineers by presenting a demo to the organization's different groups.
- Work closely with Cloud, Security, Infrastructure and other groups for technical solutions.
- Identify friction and remove it wherever you find it..
- Tech Stack - Gitlab, Jfrog Artifactory, Terraform, AWS[EKS, EC2], Chef, Ansible, Docker OS - RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a Computer Science or engineering field.
- 5+ years of Engineer who has substantial experience in building DevOps Infrastructure
- 2+ years of "operational experience" in managing and administrating the CICD Build platforms from end to end. Gitlab build tool is preferred.
- Strong coding experience in any scripting languages Python, Golang, Powershell(Windows)
- Strong experience with Continuous delivery concepts, "pipeline as code," and "infrastructure as code." using Terraform, Chef, CloudFormation, AWS CDK
- Hands-on experience with Linux SRE skills, Docker, and Kubernetes desired.
- Experience with Public Cloud systems, AWS preferred.
- Strong Communication skills and self-started in a fast-paced environment preferred.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office