We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Associate will be a member of the Anti-Financial Crimes Compliance team within the Legal and Compliance Department at PIMCO's Newport Beach office.
The Compliance Associate is responsible for working with the Global Anti-Financial Crimes Compliance Officer to facilitate PIMCO's Anti-Financial Crimes ("AFC") compliance program. The candidate will primarily be responsible for assisting with the implementation and execution of the AFC program framework, including updating policies and procedures, risk assessments, training modules, testing of key processes (e.g., client onboarding), and performing transaction monitoring.
In addition, this position may also include assisting with oversight of PIMCO's AML service providers, responding to escalations from the business and other members of Legal & Compliance, and managing or assisting with ad hoc projects. The candidate will work closely with teams and individuals across various functional areas within the firm as well as with the non-U.S. offices. The Compliance Associate must build solid internal relationships with members of the Legal & Compliance Team and strong partnerships with the business and operations.
PIMCO has over 200 professionals globally in the Legal & Compliance department with teams in each of the regions in which PIMCO has a presence. The teams work together closely to implement global solutions to legal and compliance issues. The candidate will be expected to interact with people across functions and at all levels of seniority and deal with issues in a "real time" and fast paced environment. Position Requirements:
- An undergraduate degree is required
- At least two years of anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption or economic sanctions experience at a large and diverse financial institution
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects/initiatives in a focused and highly tactical manner
- Ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced and professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate
- Have a strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of PIMCO
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to obtain Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office