We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
You will be a key player on a team developing state of the art software systems for the financial markets that are highly performant and adaptive, and we are currently transitioning to a distributive cloud environment. You will be part of an exceptional company renowned for their innovation and success while emphasizing a balanced work and life focus, diversification and individual enrichment. The team you will be joining has built many successful products dealing with large scale transaction processing and thus you will have ample opportunity to learn, grow and contribute. Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the architecture and design of distributed services that efficiently processes extensive amounts of transactions and data. You will participate in code reviews where you will provide detailed comments to others and be provided thorough feedback for your own code. You will spend a significant portion of your time in various forms of testing such as unit, workflow, regression and canary tests. You will be part of a team providing real-time production support to our trading floor. Position Requirements:
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Solid development experience in core Java
- Experience developing Distributed Systems
- Good understanding of software development process
- Superb communication skills
- Solid understanding and experience in the following areas:
1.Java core containers / data structures
2.Ability to understand and rapidly implement efficient algorithms
4.Design patterns: when they are applicable, and their boundaries
5.Can recognize and correct "code smells"
Preferred, but not required experience in some of the following areas:
- Cloud development and tools
- Database development
- Linux scripting
- Writing restful services
- Java messaging service
- Spring dependency injection
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office