We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking an Analyst/Associate to join its Client Solutions group. This group leverages PIMCO's intellectual capital and resources to help our clients make better investment decisions. The group seeks to generate actionable investment insights for clients by combining a deep understanding of their objectives with an analysis of potential market opportunities and risks. This position will work closely with pension and insurance teams on liability-driven investment (LDI) solutions.
The Analyst/Associate will assist Strategists in the group in running analysis on client portfolios, developing investment recommendations, and producing customized presentation materials. Responsibilities:
- Support Strategists in analyzing client portfolios and building presentations to deliver custom LDI solutions and other investment solutions to pension and insurance clients.
- Use proprietary software and external data sources to run risk analytics, optimizations, and stress tests
- Help existing clients monitor and fine-tune their LDI strategies and benchmarks when required
- Assist in the development of new LDI products, funds and pension risk management client strategies.
- Participate in ad-hoc research projects related to the pension, insurance and investment markets.
- Be an internal resource for client servicing and marketing groups for pension solutions-related questions and inquiries.
- Maintain marketing materials such as presentation books and other general education materials.
- Compile data and build monthly and quarterly attribution and commentary for the suite of LDI mutual funds.
- Assist with RFPs.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- 1-3 years of professional related experience
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Strong production and results orientation
- Strong oral and written skills (i.e. the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and succinctly)
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple projects - high energy level/self-starter
- Ability to work professionally in an individual and team environment with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Intellectually curious with an enthusiasm for the financial markets
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; reasonable proficiency with Bloomberg and other index provider systems preferred
- CFA designation (or active status in program)
- Good fixed income and/or derivatives investment knowledge base
- Experience working with pension and/or insurance liabilities (i.e. through investment consulting, actuarial or banking research background)
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office