We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Public Group - Multi-Sector Fixed Income Strategies - Product Associate (Newport Beach, CA)
We are seeking an Associate to join the Product Strategy Group responsible for Multi-Sector Fixed Income Strategies at PIMCO. The role will be part of a broader development program for associates to build skillsets relevant to succeeding in the next stage of their career. It will support the team across dimensions of global client service, business management, and product development, including for example:
- Performing detailed portfolio risk and performance attribution to combine with economic commentary for ongoing monthly/quarterly reporting to investors
- Responding to ad hoc inquiries related to multi-sector fixed income strategies, both externally (clients) and internally across groups
- Creating content relevant to key messaging for the strategies by type of client (e.g., retail vs institutional), well as maintaining marketing and other general education materials
- Contributing to new business development including RFP reviews, and creation of pitch-books and other strategy marketing materials
- Helping set and execute team priorities, leading projects, and mentoring junior colleagues
- Assisting in the development of new products and custom solutions for institutional clients
- Managing research projects related to competitors and industry topics
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- 2-3 years of experience of relevant work experience, ideally in investment management, alongside a passion for markets more broadly
- General familiarity across fixed income asset classes e.g. rates, FX, MBS, corporate credit, emerging markets, equities, and commodities
- Knowledge of and experience with ETF vehicle and marketplace
- Strong analytical and critical thinking capabilities - exhibiting quantitative, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Driven and a self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to organize, distill, and communicate complex topics effectively via both verbal and written communication
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel both internally and externally. The role will also require building strong internal relationships across the firm including with account management, legal, operations, and portfolio management teams, for example.
- Advanced Excel skills (any VBA/programming experience viewed favorably)
- CFA designation, or active status in program, encouraged
Successful candidates will also be expected to be exemplars of PIMCO's CORE values of Collaboration, Responsibility, Openness, and Excellence as we look to fulfill our mission: deliver superior investment returns and client service. This job will be based in Newport Beach, CA. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office