We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2023 Summer Intern - Business Development Support Analyst, US
All opportunities are located in PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters. See yourself as a Business Development Support Analyst:
The Business Development Support group plays an integral part in the initial sales/marketing process to prospective clients, as well as in the servicing of PIMCO's existing clients and investment consultants worldwide. The BDS team utilizes a collaborative team approach and works closely with PIMCO's investment professionals, especially with Product Strategists and Account Managers, to respond to new business proposals across PIMCO's public and private market strategies and provide superior client servicing.
Your primary responsibilities will include: developing a strong understanding of the firm's strategy offerings and overall investment approach, presenting strategy summaries in bi-weekly meetings, assisting with the completion of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and questionnaires (general and due diligence), and various ad hoc requests. Your secondary responsibilities include learning how to access, analyze and report data from the firm's proprietary systems, the BDS team's content library software and other data solutions actively used across the firm to service clients. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the i nterview process:
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You'll excel as a Business Development Support Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Are familiar with financial markets and have a strong interest in learning about fixed income, the asset management industry, and client/consultant relationships
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment
- Show commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that work is complete, accurate and on time
- Show strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel in both written and verbal communications
- Have experience or prior college internships in a financial, client-oriented role
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble