We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2023 Summer Internship - Product Analyst, US Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters See yourself as a Product Analyst
Summer Analysts will work within the Product Strategy Group, a global team of over 130 professionals responsible for financial market expertise (both internally and externally), strategic business management, entrepreneurship and marketing for a wide range of PIMCO product lines. The internship aims to provide summer analysts with broad exposure to financial markets, product design / development and distribution, portfolio analysis, and/or client communication.
You will work with one or multiple specialty teams that focus on covering specific investment strategies (e.g., Credit, Emerging Markets, Alternatives, etc.) or conducting broader client portfolio analysis / optimization. Summer Analysts will gain a strong understanding of the business of investment management across market segments. Responsibilities vary between teams but may include some of the following:
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- Market and economic updates
- Portfolio commentaries
- Client portfolio analytics / investment strategizing
- Competitor intelligence
- Client presentation materials
- Risk and performance attribution
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program will begin in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process:
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You'll excel as a Product Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2025
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Have an interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess a strong analytical skill set
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Have the ability to relay complex ideas clearly
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to join a high performance, fast-paced culture
- Are results orientation, attention to detail and strong time management skill