At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for: BASIC PURPOSE :
Using strong trade support and operational knowledge, the Commission & KYC Specialist will perform a specialized set of duties related to reporting of equity trading commissions, client commission arrangement ("CCA") reconciliation, research provider due diligence and soft dollar payment, research consumption tracking, managing the research vote, global capital utilization tracking and serving as a central point of contact for all broker KYC requests. The individual will work closely with Global Investment Support (GIS) and equity and fixed income trading .PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Subject Matter Expert ("SME") and Administrator of MiFID II vendor solution Commcise. Enables MFS to meet regulatory requirements around research consumptions, research budgeting, and research evaluation, and research compensation. Works with Sell-side research providers to implement and document monthly consumptions tracking process and workflow. Interacts with the Equity Investment team in the administration of the quarterly research vote and consumption tracking.
- Acts as liaison between GIS, the equity trading team and the 12 CCA Core Brokers to complete the daily CCA trade reconciliation. Implements process for daily trade reconciliation, works with Equity Trading to resolve recon breaks. Capital Usage tracking is dependent on input from Equity Trading. Builds working relationships with Equity Trading to manage capital usage tracking and influence active participation by trading. Uses strong time management and organizational skills to ensure reconciliation for all CCA Core Brokers is complete to meet month end regulatory reporting deadlines.
- To maintain MFS internal segregation of duties, acts as an independent administrator of ad hoc new research provider requests by MFS equity investment staff. Coordinates between MFS investment staff, MFS legal, and research provider to ensure due diligence questionnaires are completed accurately and reviewed by MFS legal. Follow up questions are research and resolved, and documentation is organized and archived.
- Onboards and provides service monitoring of 200 research providers to Commcise to facilitate research service consumption tracking and budget allocation. Ensures all research providers are actively submitting consumption data which enables MFS to value or reject services offered to our investment staff.
- MiFID II regulations have led to increased scrutiny around client commission reporting. Client requests for complicated ad-hoc commission unbundling requests not available in our reporting. Utilizing strong understanding of MFS commission usage policy, and MFS equity trading data to assist in the completion of client due diligence questionnaires, shareholder commission reporting requests, and regulatory commission reporting. Works with institutional client service team, as well as RFP team to complete templates and commission data requests on a monthly basis meeting predetermined client due dates.
- Assists in the preparation of Trade Oversight Management Committee monthly meeting packages. Uses understanding of equity trading commission data to prepare equity transaction statistics for review by the committee. Employs understanding of MFS Commission Usage Policy to escalate issues identified during material preparation, to the Committee. Works with equity trading and broker contacts to track and reconcile Global capital usage on MFS trades. Every equity trade is tracked manually, by region, by trader. Discrepancies between trader records and Commcise are researched and resolved. Serves as the central point of contact for all broker/counterparty KYC requests. Collaborates with the Trade Support, Trading, Legal, and Compliance teams to facilitate timely responses.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience in financial services and/or investment and trading operations preferred.
- Proven ability to perform job responsibilities independently and effectively in a demanding environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.