We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Location:
Newport Beach, CA
Portfolio Associate team members directly support Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Associate teams across the firm's global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates use their mathematical and fixed income training to actively monitor portfolios and markets to assist Portfolio Managers in measuring risk and managing client assets. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team. Position Development Value:
- Extensive exposure to industry experts within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
- Support the Credit Portfolio Management Team that oversees investment grade credit, high yield, and bank loans strategies for institutional and retail clients
- Prepare trade studies to reposition accounts based on the requests of the Portfolio Management Team
- Recommend trades to the Portfolio Management Team based on account positioning, credit analyst recommendations, firm-wide risk targets, and account guidelines
- Coordinate execution of approved trades with the appropriate trading desks around the globe
- Ensure that all proposed trades are consistent with client guidelines in concert with the Compliance Team
- Manage cash flows, benchmark changes, and other account transition events in coordination with the PM Team
- Facilitate the trading operations of the Credit Desk in support of portfolio managers across the firm
- Coordinate with Middle Office, Settlements, Compliance, Risk Management, and Account Management to ensure client objectives are met, accounts are appropriately positioned, and all credit trades are ticketed and processed.
- Strong academic background in a related field from a leading accredited college or university with 1-5 years of work experience
- Fundamental fixed income expertise is required Prior exposure to cash and derivative securities in the credit and interest rate sectors is preferred. Knowledge of Bank Loans, CLOs, and leveraged finance is a plus.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to function efficiently in a high-pressure and time-critical environment is required
- Strong communication skills, poise under pressure, and professionalism are necessary attributes to succeed in this role
- A positive "can-do" attitude along with a willingness to embrace all tasks, large or small, is crucial on this high-volume desk
- A collaborative mindset and an ability to work effectively on a diverse team with cross-functional constituencies is a must
- Mastery of advanced Excel techniques is essential while programming skills (SQL, VBA, Python, etc.) are a plus.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office