Analyst - Investment Pricing, Valuation & Referential Data
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to help us build a team that will focus on maintaining a high-quality investment data environment and enhancing the overall data experience for our investment professionals. The ideal candidate must have an ability keep pace with a rapidly changing business environment. Success in this role will require a strong analytical mindset, an ability to understand exceptions and willingness to work in a collaborative team setting. The importance of data is widely understood, and this position will play an important part in moving Voya’s data governance mandate forward.
The core component of our analytics and pricing/valuation data revolves around the attributes of a security. This role would be responsible for maintaining the security level attributes (the “security master”) within various systems in the organization, including BlackRock Aladdin, Bank of New York Mellon, as well as State Street PAM software.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform periodic reviews on security master data to ensure accuracy and adherence to established policies and regulations
- Liaise with BlackRock Solutions to resolve security level data questions related to security settlement calendars, identifiers etc. across asset classes
- Research and review security level data to ensure consistent detail within Bloomberg, Reuters, BlackRock, and all other internal/external systems
- Interact with front office investment professional teams to discuss security master data, resolve issues, and handle inquiries
- Bring a fresh perspective on existing issues, processes, and controls to develop and recommend new/improved controls and procedural enhancements.
- Promote a positive attitude and working environment among fellow employees and develop efficient working relationships
A Referential Data Analyst is expected to be customer focused and offer unique solutions that deliver on client expectations. In addition, the candidate will need to be thoughtful in analyzing data and problem-solving exceptions to formulate effective solutions. In this role, the analyst will be exposed to new ways of thinking and be a self-starter interested in acquiring new skills and offering thoughtful solutions for process improvements.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Understanding of various investment instruments (Fixed Income Securities, Derivatives, Equities and Senior Loans)
- Familiarity with investment platforms and systems (e.g., BlackRock Aladdin, State Street PAM, Bloomberg)
- Voya IM has standardized its core technology set on Microsoft. Demonstrable knowledge of basic Microsoft platforms is expected (e.g., MS Office, Windows 10, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment as we may have varying workloads and strict deadlines (e.g., month, quarter, and year-end)
- Ability to independently and creatively resolve problems utilizing appropriate resources.
- Maintain strong working relationships with peers, supervisors, project leaders, and internal/external clients
- Excellent team interaction and interpersonal skills (verbal and writing skills)
- Strong accountability and focus on execution
- Attention to detail with a goal of moving through tasks quickly, but thoughtfully
- Highly results-oriented with ability to work in teams and under pressure
- Demonstrate high levels of ethics, values, and integrity
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability. Needs to be fluid and effective as business conditions and organizational dynamics change. Ability to escalate as the situation requires.
- Adapt communications and style to meet colleagues’ needs and express information in a clear, direct way
- Demonstrate high energy, resiliency, capacity, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and execute
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 2-4 years of investment industry experience with an understanding of investment data in all asset classes and sectors is preferred
- CFA or desire to pursue Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is preferred
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills, which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem-solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions