Senior Java Developer The Company
At the heart of S&P Global , we are an information company . With expertise across the world's largest industries we leverage technology and data science to provide the data , insights and software to help our customers make better informed decisions , driving growth , performance and efficiency .
As a Software Engineer, you will create and maintain high-quality cloud-based applications to help S&P Global's Private Equity business grow. You will be working with a team of experienced application/web developers (in multiple global locations), business analysts and business stakeholders.
Day to day, you will contribute to current and future development efforts towards various different modules of S&P Global Private Equity solutions. You will have access to market-leading tools and services, and be part of a wider group that values technical excellence. The Team
We are an established development team, looking to grow. We focus on providing an excellent developer experience. To that end, you'll have access to market-leading tools, services and access to expertise both within the team and more widely in S&P Global. We have a strong DevOps culture, and have automated every stage of our deployment pipeline. The Business
S&P Global Private Equity offers a range of services for investors in alternative and hard to value assets:
- PE Valuations - Detailed unlisted equity and illiquid debt valuations for PE funds
- Level 3 Valuations - Hard to value instruments for buy-side firms
- Suspended Shares - Share valuation in cases of market volatility, fraud, M&A or reorganisation for asset managers and ETF issuers
- Credit Assessments - Credit assessments to support internal ratings-based credit risk approaches for banks or corporates
- PEVals - Valuation report delivery and document exchange
The services are designed to meet the post-trade reporting and management reporting requirements of market participants. Duties & accountabilities
Candidate needs to:
Business competencies Education and experience
- Work closely with the development team and highlight issues and risks proactively.
- Be delivery focused. Participate in agile product development through all SDLC phases.
- Analyse business requirements, design, implement and test features. Understand non-functional requirements like performance, scalability etc. aspect of the application.
- Be an active player in system architecture and design discussions. Have a passion for technology and offer new ideas and approaches. Recommend product, process, and tooling improvements.
- Build high-quality, reusable code and libraries for future use in a timely and efficient manner.
- Embrace quality standards including: code conventions, code reviews, unit testing, static analysis and revision control. Coordinate with QA/QC staff for product functional and system testing.
- Maintain and support all areas of the application.
- Work in an individual capacity as well as in teams across geographies.
- Work under the general supervision of the Development Manager and take direction from other Team Leads within the organization where required.
3+ years strong technical and platform knowledge, including some or all of: Required
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology and industry best practices.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, functional programming, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, refactoring, debugging, and configuration management.
- Excellent design and problem solving skills and disciplined, engineering oriented mind set.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing commercial web applications or services used by external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- AWS Lambda and Serverless Architecture
- AWS managed services, Linux, Docker
- Scala (or other functional programming experience)
- Angular 9+
- Other JVM languages
- Experience with Continuous Integration and build systems
- Git + Gitlab
- Good degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Numerate field
- Some experience with configuration languages (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.