At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 330,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Global Data's Company Financials team. Our team of Analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing. That's where you come in. The Role:
As an Equity Data Specialist on our Company Financials team, your actions will produce powerful results. This entry-level opportunity will allow you to exercise your passion for finance and harness your technical skills. You will need to have the context - meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you'll develop expertise in key industries and manage the corresponding data. You'll learn to leverage your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Our team is at the center of it all; the energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor. You'll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. That's our purpose - come find yours! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related to financial data sets, such as Equity Fundamentals and Estimates
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence - founding the backbone of our Research and Equity functionality
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a STEM degree with a passion for financial markets
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- A can-do attitude, and a very proactive approach to each day
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly - Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
If this sounds like you:
- Work experience in audit, assurance, corporate finance and/or financial market research - A demonstrated capability in data management, data processing, data analysis, and associated tools & technologies
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL and R
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.