Who we're looking for
We're looking for a motivated individual who is well organised in their approach to new initiatives, and is able to deliver change items relating to the Trading process, whilst being a role model for the team.
Working closely with the global Central Trading team, the individual will lead the delivery of initiatives to enhance trading capabilities, whilst managing existing relationships with Trading platform suppliers, and promoting best practice to allow trading to operate in a low risk environment.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Working within the wider Investment Services function, the primary responsibility of this team is supporting the front office Trading teams. The team will be responsible for setting up trading capabilities with external parties, enabling electronic trading platforms and ensuring consistency of process across all teams where possible. The team will cover all instruments and all markets.
What you'll do
- Gather requirements relating to enhancements of the trading process, and new investment capabilities brought to the Investment Operating Committee. Assist with prioritisation and capacity discussions. Lead the implementation process for:
- New business parties (clearing brokers, prime brokers)
- New instruments
- New markets
- New trading platforms
- Enhancements to existing platforms and processes
- Build and maintain relationships with external platform/service providers, being a point of contact for queries raised by the platform provider and internal teams. Chair periodic platform review meetings, track and follow up on actions.
- Manage the integrity of trading platform broker ID mapping tables and the Equity commissions schedules within Aladdin. Ensure the thorough testing of any process changes prior to implementation.
- Manage the controls and checks that are in place to ensure Trading Platform usage remains in compliance with internal controls and the venue rules.
- Monitor changes to trading venue Rule Books, review these against internal controls to ensure ongoing compliance. Assist in completing the annual review and communicating the outcomes to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the wider Investment Services team to promote best practice in new and existing processes relating to the trading function.
- Keep up to date with Regulatory Changes impacting the Trading process, and the broader Industry.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Previous Investment Management experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
- Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
- Deep and wide ranging knowledge of global business/function within the wider context of Schroders and the Industry. Good awareness of regulatory and risk environment impacting the Trading process
- Experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders, able to instigate open discussion to resolve project/initiative impediments
- Experience of working collaboratively across teams, to tight deadlines, providing regular progress updates
- Educated to a minimum of first degree level
- Investment Management Certificate qualification or equivalent
- Strong skills in data analysis in Excel, Tableau, Power BI or other similar
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Working knowledge of the Aladdin Order Management System
- Working knowledge of Trading Platforms for various asset classes
What you'll be like
- Pro-active - has a methodical approach to finding solutions, is a problem solver who identifies and follows up opportunities
- Has a collaborative mindset - understands the benefits of working together to achieve a better outcome
- Numerate - you'll have good numerical skills and a high attention to detail
- Views new challenges as learning opportunities
- Makes balanced and cost effective decisions, recognises potential risks at an early stage, and seeks to balance potential risks with returns
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills: influences others to achieve enhanced performance and potential
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.