As a VP in Enterprise Risk - Risk Regulation based in London, you will play a key role in the oversight of credit, market, and operational risk management regulation. You will be responsible for leading projects and participating in activities primarily related to important regulatory initiatives. OUR IMPACT
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's credit, market, liquidity, and operational risk. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The Enterprise Risk department is a function within the Risk Division (second line of defence) responsible for managing the Division's regulatory risk and operational risk across risk disciplines (i.e. market risk, credit risk, operational risk, and liquidity risk), among leading other important initiative for the Division. The Regulatory function within Enterprise Risk manages regulatory interactions, policy/regulatory obligations and leads the communication with internal and external parties, including our regulators.
In performing its role, the Enterprise Risk department works closely with all areas within the Risk Division, as well as with various groups across the firm including Controllers, Global Markets Division, Internal Audit and Technology. Specific to this role, the team partners with the Credit Risk ("CR"), Market Risk ("MR") and Operational Risk ("OR") departments, to ensure appropriate oversight of related regulatory requirements, including existing regulations, the assessment of new regulation and the development and implementation of associated processes, analytics and reports. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Lead the execution of regulatory deliverables, exams, and overall engagement relating to credit risk and market risk
- Present and interact with Regulators as part of the ongoing supervision process, regulatory examinations and other deliverables
- Manage regulatory interpretation and interact with Finance Division's Regulatory Controllers and other stakeholders to ensure the appropriateness of capital interpretations, methodologies and processes
- Oversee regulatory self-assessments and the remediation of associated gaps, including reviewing, interpreting, and providing guidance on the impact of pending requirements. Participate in regulatory working groups.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of initiatives related to new rules, regulatory exam feedbacks or internal framework enhancements, liaising across relevant business, technology, and control functions to prioritize risks, challenge approaches, and drive appropriate risk response
- Monitor internal and external business activities and regulatory environment to identify new or emerging risks
- Provide thought leadership to develop and institutionalize governance processes and enhance controls, driving a culture of risk management and mitigation.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- Demonstrable track record of independent assessment of regulatory interpretation, decision making and the ability to steer business negotiations
- Strong familiarity with investment banking products including loan products and derivatives
- Strong documentation, analytical, presentational and communication skills required
- Ability to comfortably and effectively interact with quantitative model developers, internal risk experts, and various stakeholders outside of Enterprise Risk and outside of the Risk Division
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
WHO WE ARE
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging regulation, as well as business, economic, and market trends that may have implications for risk management
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to details, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles challenging requests, builds long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders, helps to identify/define needs and manages expectations.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner, shares information/new ideas with others, and demonstrates judgment to escalate as appropriate.
- Judgment and Problem Solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2022. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity