Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate / Vice President, Loan Syndication - Global Banking and Markets. Principal Responsibilities
- Actively support loan origination activities including preparation of high quality client pitches/marketing materials with an appropriate recommended financing proposals
- Prepare Mandate Letter, Term Sheet, Financial Model and credit paper (as applicable) and support Facility documentation negotiation process
- Effective liaison for internal stakeholders/coverage to ensure timely transaction approvals, internal monitoring and de-risking
- Due-diligence of syndicated loan underwriting including following: research on borrower's financial analytics, peer comparison, pricing/deal comparables, market updates and pertinent industry data, developing appropriate syndication strategy and highlight any prevailing challenges to the team for discussion
- Support the preparation of internal Loan Syndications support/sell down statement and liquidity analysis to supplement internal credit/underwriting approval purposes
- Maintain periodic updates on internal reporting including underwriting, pipeline and market risk report as required
- Maintain, enhance and expand investor relationships (investors and lead banks)
- Keeping abreast of syndicated loan markets trends and banks' underwriting/participating appetite across different industry sectors and facility structures
- Undertake pre-launch deliverables including: preparation of bank list, set up syndication deal site, syndication invite letter & NDA, collate Info pack/Info Memo, syndication term sheet & model
- Bookrunning during syndication process including organizing investor roadshow, manage investors Q&As and closing logistics including allocation/fee schedule, press release, league table submission etc.
- At least 3-5 years of loan origination, credit and/or syndications experience
- Sound technical and credit knowledge
- Ability to work through the entire deal cycle independently with minimal supervision
- Team player with positive attitude and strong resilience
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Bloomberg applications
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.