The Location :
12 (for internal purposes only) The Role:
As the Head of Design for S&P Global Commodity Insights you will lead, inspire and grow a team of designers who delight our audience with high - quality data visualization, information graphics and special reports . You will also be responsible for the effective application of the brand across our portfolio of products. The Team:
The Design team is a small, dedicated group based around the globe producing thousands of graphics a year across 1 00 s of different publications and delivery channels. We serve many internal customers: primarily a busy news team fulfilling ad hoc data visualization request s. Design also work s on larger, evergreen, interactive projects and special reports . It also collaborates with other functional teams within Commo dity Insights - such as analytics , consulting and events - to ensure uniformity of brand design. The Impact:
Your mission is to cement our place as an industry leader in the areas we operate . What's in it for y ou:
As the head o f th is high-profile team you will be challenged to bring our news , data and insights to life .
You rs and you r team's work (we see this role as a "player-coach") will have high visibility throughout the organization and to our customers around the world . The company itself has recently more than doubled in size , owing to a merger, and you will be one of the leaders responsible for ensuring a nd maintaining new design standards are applied effectively across all our brands. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Preferred skills:
- Lead a global design team with end-to-end accountability for project delivery
- Develop the vision and set the strategy for delighting our customers with compelling content
- Provide leadership in our evolution of best-in-class creation tools and workflows
- Apply and maintain brand identity in collaboration with the enterprise marketing team
- Develop the visual design style for Commodity Insights
- Liaise and coordinate with other functional teams such as analytics, consulting and events to ensure uniformity of design and brand
- Drive operational effectiveness around technology, people and process.
- Manage capacity and resource planning to meet demand
- Oversee design policies, quality controls, human capital decisions and organizational design
- Build strong relationships with content creators to balance the needs of a busy news schedule with long term big-ticket projects
- Build and enhance important high-level internal and external relationships
- Partner with S&P Global's other divisions to produce high-value content for a global audience.
- At least 10 years' experience in design, preferably in an editorial environment
- Have managed a dispersed team for at least 5+ years
- You have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as data visualization, graphic design or data journalism
- Deep experience leading design teams in the delivery of award-winning content
- Extensive knowledge of the operational elements required to run/develop various types of visual content
- The ability to manage strategic, tactical, and logistical issues
- Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully implement strategic plans across geographically dispersed teams
- Proficiency in Adobe CC as well as online data visualization tools (eg, Flourish)
- Can use social media effectively as a means of reaching our audience
- Experience with content management systems and related publishing technologies
- You are adept at managing the competing demands of stakeholders at the highest level of a multinational company
- You are natural multi-tasker
- You have some familiarity with D3, Tableau, Power BI, or other rendering tools
About S&P Global Commodity Insights
- You keep abreast of the latest trends in data visualization and visual storytelling
- You keep a clear head in a fast-moving newsroom atmosphere
- An expert people manager
- You have the self-confidence to make decisions quickly
- You seek opportunities to learn new skills and ways of visualizing content
- You are personable and able to communicate openly with a variety of people with differing needs.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), MRKTNG103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
277597 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom