BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. About team
Reconciliations and Account Governance team sits within the Reconciliations Centre of Excellence (RCoE), the team has a global footprint and is spread across sites in the UK, US and Asia.
The Reconciliations and Account Governance team is a highly visible team that is uniquely placed to cover all areas of the bank. The team provides centralized governance of open break and account governance and reporting delivered at the Executive level for the company. The governance process comprises of setting consistent standards, timely categorization and risk classification, investigations, and risk-based reporting across all lines of business.
We are looking for an individual that is control focused, has a proactive approach with good attention to detail and is analytically minded. It is preferred that the successful individual will have a detailed knowledge of BNYM' custody and cash systems (GSP and IMMS).
Effective communication skills is a must, together with the confidence and ability to respond to, and escalate, potential risks to both peers and senior management whilst working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Working hours:
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, but can vary depending on role. Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Enhance and expand the reconciliation and account governance framework model.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting .
- Undertake detailed and technical analysis of accounts and supporting processes.
- Develops new reports/dashboards and methods of presenting data .
- Contribute ongoing initiatives to standardise and streamline reporting to drive efficiency and automation .
- Review work of other team members to ensure accuracy of data and high standard of commentary .
- Acts as a point of contact for escalation.
- B uild solid understanding of the reconciliations and account governance activities undertaken within operations and become a subject matter expert providing guidance and responding to queries .
- Presents data analysis conclusions, recommendations, and updates to initiatives to senior management.
- Participate in audit, risk, and control investigations .
- Reviewing and updat e policie s.
- Contributes to the achievement of team's goals and objectives .
- Work closely with the reconciliation's teams, lines of business, risk, control, technology and senior management (up to Executive level) .
- Being an integral part of the go to team for systems, process & automation change.
- Team player who is able to produce high quality, accurate output under tight timescales
- Good analytical skills, including ability to extract data, analyse and interpret it.
- P roblem solving and d ecision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Organised and able to manage workload efficiently
- Proactive and self-motivate d.
- Continuous improvement mindset ( Automation & Transformation driven )
- P roject management skills
- Appetite to continuously learn and develop
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and willing to develop further
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or engineering/sciences or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Nice to have:
What we can offer you:
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
- Power BI, Tableau , SQL, and advanced Excel skills (VBA, macro's, etc) would be an advantage.
- Experience in financial services preferred .
- Experience in a reporting , control or risk-based function preferred.
- Reconciliation (TLM) experience preferred
- Custody (GSP/IMMS) experience preferred.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.