Who we are looking for
The role is for an Assistant Vice President on the newly formed Alpha Oversight & Production Services team, which is part of the Strategic Partner Oversight (SPO) organization within State Street Global Advisors (SSGA). SPO is responsible for oversight and governance of transformation program work and services provided by State Street Bank & Trust (SSBT) to State Street Global Advisors.
This new role will be part of a new team and presents an exciting opportunity to manage oversight of services provided on the Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS) as part of the SSBT "Alpha" front-to-back offering. The role also presents an opportunity to partner with service providers and stakeholders in order to define effective oversight and governance in support of SSGA investment management activities.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world's largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Vice President, Alpha Oversight & Production Services, in this newly created role you will
What we value
- Oversee Alpha Platform service delivery and production quality
- Coordinate with teams across the Strategic Partner Oversight team, Global Advisors, and State Street Corporation more broadly
- Have the ability to contribute to the build out this important function that will determine what success looks like for Global Advisors and the State Street Alpha service offering
- Coordinate closely with SSGA Information Technology teams to assess application oversight
- Understand operational and IT issues and platform impact, logging and oversee tracking all issues
- Evaluate and facilitate technical front office platform issues impacting investment management process and driving responsible teams to resolve and implement preventative actions.
- Act as an escalation point for intraday issues that impact SSGA portfolio managers and traders
- Participate in the monthly service review of CRD services provided to SSGA
- Evaluate Alpha service and report into existing GA governance structure
- Coordinate with teams across the Strategic Partner Oversight team, Global Advisors, and State Street more broadly
- Coordinate with GA oversight leads to establish and address impact of issues through other Alpha services and evaluate service delivery
- Liaise with Alpha contacts within including service model point of contact and SSBT Client Executive Team
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Root cause analysis
- Cross-functional coordination
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail and organize information
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Minimum of 5-7 years of asset management industry experience
- Deep understanding of procedural aspects of the investment lifecycle, including portfolio construction, trading, data management, middle office, and custody.
- Technical knowledge to understand requirements, best practices, and issue resolution for in order to effectively oversee CRD front-end portfolio construction tool and enterprise platform
- Experience with middle office functions, market reference data, custody & administration in order to effectively understand "front to back" asset servicing processes.
- Specific understanding of post-trade settlement, collateral management, and performance measurement & attribution are desired.
- Ability for cross-functional interaction across SSBT and Global Advisors teams to diagnose issues, improve processes, and drive solutions
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors