Hybrid workingFund Accountant - Real Estate - OUR CLIENT
is an active and commercial pan-European, focussed investment and asset management company with a portfolio covering much of continental Europe. The company specialises in commercial asset classes and are currently seeking to appoint a Fund Accountant to join their expanding and successful London team.THE ROLE:
will involve the following:
- Responsibility for monthly financial reporting under IFRS or UK accounting principles and practices.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations, schedules and notes to ensure the financial statement represent a fair view of the company performance and to ensure appropriate financial risk management through proportionate controls and oversight of the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Performing analytical review of balance sheet items to ensure performance is appropriately reflected in the Group and subsidiaries financial statements.
- Preparing and maintaining monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Preparing monthly management accounts for P&L, balance sheet and cash flows including month on month movement commentary on key movements.
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns.
- Liaising with various service providers to the Fund including accountants, banks, administrators, lawyers, and custodians.
- Preparing and reviewing consolidated half-year and annual financial statements including business reviews, delivery of supporting documentation for annual audit processes, managing the relationship with the auditors, treasury affairs for the Group and any subsidiary entities thereof.
- Responsible for quarterly investor reporting.
- Liaising with the investment team where required and having oversight of the financial affairs and funding structure for such entities.
- Assisting in the fund budgeting and forecasting process working closely with fund modelers and the investment management teams.
- Overseeing the quarterly distribution forecast and analysis.
- Performing compliance review of the REIT rules.
To apply, you MUST
be a qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA or equivalent - those in practice with real estate exposure will be considered) with up to 3 years post-qualified experience in real estate fund accounting and reporting. You should have a thorough understanding of IFRS and UK generally accepted accounting principles and practices as well as understanding of relevant regulatory reporting requirement relating to the Fund (AIM/IPSX). The client is looking for a person with experience in maintaining cash flow forecasts, budgets and managing statutory audit processes- You are expected to understand the principles behind and practical aspects of corporate acquisitions and corporate disposals alongside the principles of property accounting. If you are able to prioritise and adapt, and are a positive, enthusiastic, and committed individual with the ability to work with honesty, integrity and initiative, this is an opportunity not to be missed to build your career within a very successful and constantly growing international business. OUR SPECIALISM
Based in Mayfair in London, Trident are a specialist, boutique real estate recruitment consultancy who identify talent
in property, finance and accounting.
As a market leader we offer innovative, flexible and tailor made holistic solutions to the global real estate markets. OUR APPROACH
Established for 25 years and with over 75 years of experience at partner level, we are a consultancy with the breadth and depth of knowledge of the various trends facing the property industry, so essential in the light of continuing changes in global real estate, private equity and fund management.
We believe in working in the capacity of partner with both candidates and clients alike, working in synergy with them and growing organically, acting with ethical integrity every step of the way. A proven consultancy, driven by the changing market, who can add real value, both vertically and strategically and who are able to make a real difference by identifying real talent .
We can offer both global and local market expertise and successful solutions for unique, complex and difficult recruitment remits. Our team of experienced consultants can not only help identify your next career move and challenge but also offer objective consulting opinion and guidance on interviewing, market trends and salary benchmarking. CONTACT US
If you are looking for a new job or a career change within the real estate sector - Trident are always keen to hear from quality candidates, both from the property industry and other sector disciplines, ready to rise to a new career challenge. Our service to candidates is based on professionalism, a dedication to understanding your career needs and total confidentiality and discretion.