As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £700.4 billion (€815.8 billion/US$967.5 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 5,618 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests.
*as at 30 June 2021 What you'll do
Sustainability is a strategic priority for Schroders, as is our growth in Asia. You will be supporting interlinked pillars of sustainable investment - integration, active ownership, models and data, research- and how they intersect with the investment desks in the region across asset classes.
Your ESG knowledge, regional perspectives and excellent communication skills will see you deepening the firm's sustainable investment strategy and execution in the region.
Your range of responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Developing a close working relationship with the Investment-focused pillars of the Sustainable Investment team in London to ensure regional perspectives are reflected in global planning and deliverables
- Leading engagements with regional companies in both English and Mandarin, coordinating and drawing on the expertise of local analysts and fund managers
- Identify and suggest topics highly relevant to regional investors to the global ESG Research and Active Ownership teams. Work with colleagues in the global Sustainable Investment team and regional investors to deliver investment-relevant deliverables
- Support the process of engagement integration with our investors, including supporting the roll out of proprietary engagement tools
- Support our efforts in engaging regional industry and policymakers
- Support strategic ESG Integration planning and execution of initiatives
- Providing updates and feedback on developments within teams and across the industry in Asia to both the Sustainable Investment team in London as well as local heads of research and investment heads
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- 5-10 years of working experience in a relevant environment
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin particularly in speaking and reading as this role requires to liaise with our various Chinese and Taiwanese stakeholders
- Good understanding of investment industry, including how ESG intersects with investments
- Demonstrated regional ESG knowledge and interest
- Prior interactions with corporates in the region, particularly where Schroders has significant holdings in, would be beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Ability to work autonomously on tasks but equally, excellent stakeholder and project management skills to collaborate with different investment desks and communicate with companies.
- Excel / PowerPoint proficiency
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.