Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience. The team
This role sits within the "Tech and Data" teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
- Working in an agile team, regularly pairing with bright engineers
- Becoming part of the up-and-coming FinTech sector by working for one of the most promising technology-intensive companies in the industry
- Writing applications that are the backbone of Funding Circle business, like managing the loan lifecycle
- Being part of a team that works together to design, code, test and support solutions. Your voice will be heard at all stages of software development
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Working with the latest technologies in Event-Driven Architecture, Kafka, functional programming languages, AWS systems and infrastructure and more
This roles requires someone who has:
- A degree in Computer Science or a course qualification in software engineering
- Willingness to learn our tech stack: Ruby, Clojure, Python, React, AWS
- Ability to demonstrate a keen attitude to learning fast from some great engineers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- An interest in Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures and solving problems collaboratively
- Is Enthusiastic to understand our business
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit. Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering; Lifestyle, Health, Wealth & Development!
A few highlights are:
Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.
- Flexible and remote working options + home working support
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances (including subscription to Gympass)