- City of London
- Sep 30, 2022
- £70k - £75k
A leading Hedge Fund manager, with over over $20bn AUM, is currently recruiting for a Tax Manager to join their tax function based in London.
A leading Hedge Fund manager, with over over $20bn AUM, is currently recruiting for a Tax Manager to join their tax function based in London. The team of 4 provide tax advisory services to the global group in relation to new and existing business activities as well as ensuring that all tax reporting and compliance obligations are complied with. The successful candidate is expected to assist with a variety of projects relating to both the global corporate group as well as the external funds under management. The role will be varied and will cover both UK and international tax matters.
Typical projects / responsibilities will include the following:
Fund taxation matters
- Perform investment reviews to analyse tax implications of trading undertaken (including ASC 740 analysis);
- Assist with FATCA and CRS compliance issues liaising with external trading counterparties and internal investor relations and operations team;
- Review investor reporting information prepared by external advisors for accuracy and completeness; and
- Respond to tax queries and requests raised by existing or prospective investors as part of their due diligence process.
- Review draft tax computations prepared by external advisors for accuracy and completeness;
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure that all tax audit matters are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with audit deadlines; and
- Provide assistance to the overseas offices to ensure that they comply with their local tax reporting obligations.
- Assist in the structuring of new business ventures ensuring that tax matters are identified and considered in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Assist with transfer pricing issues across the group including the preparation of transfer pricing documentation and reviewing transfer pricing calculations prepared by the finance team; and
- Assist with employer compliance matters liaising with external advisors, HR and finance teams.
The ideal be a qualified accountant or tax specialist with experience specific to hedge funds / asset management. The ideal candidate will have fund tax experience and a strong technical grasp of LLP / Partnership tax matters.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.