Global Corporate Banking, Summer Analyst
London, UK Job Description & Programme Overview
Our Summer Analyst programme is designed to offer you a broad and exciting experience of what it is like to work as a full time Corporate Banking Analyst. During your internship you will be placed within one of our coverage teams, working across a diverse range of countries, industries, and products.
Global Corporate Banking is focused on meeting the banking needs of large cap global corporate and financial institution clients around the world. In addition to managing the day-to-day relationship of these clients, the team is responsible for the origination of new business through delivering financing, treasury and risk management advice and execution capabilities.
The Analyst would sit in London within our Corporate Banking Subsidiaries group.Â In addition to London, we have offices in Amsterdam, Dublin, and Zurich to cover the pan-European banking needs of large multinationals headquartered in the Americas and the Asia Pacific region. The success of our team is dependent upon close collaboration with local and global partners.
As a Summer Analyst
, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist Global Corporate Banking professionals in relationship management, origination, and executionÂ across a diverse set of product areas.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our clients and the industries in which they operate so we can anticipate evolving trends and needs.
- Learn about the variety of products we can offer to our clients, including: loans, leases, capital markets solutions, treasury management solutions, trade products and derivatives (including foreign exchange, interest rate and commodity derivatives).
- Become proficient at credit analysis and financial modelling to help us responsibly grow our balance sheet through new loans and assess where capital markets solutions may be a viable alternative.
- Assist with internal approval processes for credit underwriting, capital allocation and various other internal committees.
- Gain familiarity with the legal and documentation aspects of various products that we can offer to our clients.
- Interact directly with clients on day-to-day issues and help senior relationship bankers present new ideas during client meetings.
- Assist senior relationship bankers with portfolio reviews and other projects to assess relationship profitability and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Candidates are required to be in their penultimate year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics.
- Fluency in English is essential for all roles and a second European language may also be required for some roles.
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent).
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation, and a genuine interest in the financial markets.
- Teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people.
- Displays analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning otherâ€™s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
The worlds of sustainable finance, workplace culture and technology are evolving fast. Together we can shape them to be smarter, greener, safer and more inclusive.
At Bank of America, we care deeply about our planet and the people on it. Thatâ€™s why each year we provide billions of dollars in financing for sustainable business activities. We develop emerging technology to help organisations gain funding more safely, rapidly and globally than ever.
Join us and weâ€™ll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn, grow and belong. Youâ€™ll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, weâ€™ll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if youâ€™re as passionate as we are about making the world better, this could be the opportunity for you. Our recruitment process
Analyst internship and Full Time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so itâ€™s best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one â€" and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and weâ€™re proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve. What if I need workplace adjustments?
Weâ€™re committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email email@example.com and let us know. Weâ€™ll get back to you within two business days. We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package