About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Summary:
This role reports to ASA Regional Head of Financial Institutions Relationship and Risk Management . Key Responsibilities
- Support the management of the client portfolio, providing existing products and facilities.
- Actively manage the tail clients e.g. the offboarding of clients whose revenue and account plan do not meet the minimum requirement of the FI portfolio.
- Ensure ongoing risk management of the portfolio including completion of periodic CDD and credit reviews.
- Coordinate signing of any legal documentation and account setups for the limited product offering.
- Accountable for the first line risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Risk acceptance and / or supporting the Inbound Group Information Certificates (GICs) across inbound clients as the dedicated front-line team providing oversight of financial crime risk.
- Support the monitoring of the FI business including risk events to drive a clear understanding and oversight of the non-financial risks for the business, and bank's policies and procedures.
- Support the Head of Strategic Enablement and ASA Regional Head of FI RRM with the development and implementation of the FI RRM strategy for the FI portfolio, specifically in support of the target operating model.
- This role supports the business by establishing a strong governance framework and control environment within the frontline.
People and Talent
- Embrace a culture of habitual innovation within the team, embracing the Bank's new ways of working "nWOW".
- Support the regular review of the processes to identify challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Follow the tone for collaboration across the organisation including, CFCC, CLDM, COBAM, FI Risk and Product partners to constructively challenge and improve processes such that SCB is oriented to effectively acquire and service the FI portfolio.
- Work closely with colleagues and stakeholders to enhance the quality of deliverables. Support team members to ensure on time completion of deliverables.
- Conduct periodic CDD and credit reviews.
- Provide first line risk management support to FI Client Coverage teams to risk accept and support the Inbound Group Information Certificates (GICs) across all inbound clients.
- Support effective risk oversight and reporting for the portfolio across all relevant Principal Risk Types.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support the preparation and presentation of papers and reports to senior management and governance bodies across the bank on the relevant industry, client and portfolio issues.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regulatory engagement: Understand the regulatory and risk environment and be responsible for working with regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Head of FI Strategic Enablement
- Global Head of FI
- Global Head of FI Client Advisory (and team)
- Global Head of Correspondent Banking
- Head of Client Lifecycle Governance (and team)
- CLDM CDD Process Lead (and team)
- Global Head, CFCC Advisory, CCIB Client Coverage (and team)
- Country CFCC teams
- Group and Country Secretariat teams
Our Ideal candidate :
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
ROLE SPECIFIC TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- 4 + years' experience of Financial Institution (FI) clients such as Banks, Brokers, Investors, Insurance, Public Sector, etc.
Experience with financial crime compliance frameworks/AML environment for FI clients.
Excellent communication/writing skills with ability to get points across to all levels internally & externally.
Strong knowledge of regulations in key jurisdictions with some working knowledge of SCB footprint markets.
Experience in related documentation and agreements associated to FI clients.
Core product knowledge across the Bank's offering.
Structured and process driven, with experience in a multi-cultural team, across borders and time zones.
Excellent analytics and reporting skills, being able to cross-check the work and manage communications.
Ability to work towards tight deadlines and manage expectations.
- Banking, Product, & Systems Knowledge
- Risk Management
- Network Understanding
- Effective Client Engagement Skills
- Team & Collaboration Skills
- Personal Effectiveness
- Credit Skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.