We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Product Strategy
Product Strategists serve as strategy experts responsible for the development and oversight of the wide-variety of PIMCO's investment product areas such as credit, emerging markets, alternatives, mortgages, sovereign bonds, structured products, absolute return, inflation-linked, long duration and derivative-based products. Product Strategists take a lead role in the development of new investment strategies and ongoing support of existing strategies. Product Strategists work closely with portfolio managers on the development of new investment strategies and often serve as a portfolio manager surrogate in business development and marketing initiatives, including participation in conferences and road shows. In addition, Product Strategists actively contribute to the Firm's overall investment strategy and economic outlook development process. Successful Product Strategists are seamlessly able to blend commercial, client-facing capabilities with deep technical knowledge of markets and investments. Positions are located in Newport Beach. Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship. Position Requirements: Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Passion for financial markets and investment strategies
- Entrepreneurial, with results orientation and desire to make contributions to the growth of the Firm
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization, including with senior level management
- Strong analytical ability
- Ethical, team-oriented, organized, flexible, high-energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
Summer Program Details
- Pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position, completion expected between Dec 2023 - June 2024.
- Fluent in English
• Starts in mid-June, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training
• Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
• Formal mentor program
• Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program To Apply:
- If you attend an on campus recruiting school submit your resume and cover letter through your school's Career Services offices by the designated deadline.
- In addition you must apply in the PIMCO portal here.
- If you attend an off-campus recruiting school submit resume and cover letter here by DEC 1, 2022 .