About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
To maintain accounting ledgers to facilitate accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting of the group and all group companies, ensuring correct authorisations have been obtained for expenditure.
To maintain the fixed asset register for the group, recording deprecation, acquisitions and disposals.
To ensure key balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled in line with group reporting requirements Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- Ensure the accurate recording of cost-related financial transactions of all group companies within the Sun accounting system in relation to costs.
- Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts for both the group and individual entities, including analysis of aged entries
- Assist in project to migrate GAM EMEA ledger accounts to new system
- Preparation and posting in to Sun accounts of monthly cost accruals and prepayments for BMO GAM EMEA (excluding BMO REP), with adherence to monthly and quarterly requirements.
- Review of costs in Ledger to ensure accounts are free of errors: ensure coding of purchase invoices and expense forms has been prepared by Accounts Payable team in accordance with the coding structure established for budget purposes to provide accurate business unit reporting; ensure that invoices are being paid for by the correct company and arrange for change of invoice details or recharge through intercompany accounts if required.
- Review of monthly foreign branch reports and preparation of journals to ensure their accurate recording in primary ledger.
- Review of creditor balances, suspense accounts, control accounts to ensure balances are valid, including reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts in adherence to Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Assist in implementing any procedural changes to ensure that the purchase ledger area can achieve the target of 100% accuracy in all postings.
- Assist with maintenance of the fixed asset register for the group and its subsidiaries, including any necessary reconciliations and reports required for annual accounts, quarterly results reporting, management reports and other reports in conjunction with Financial Accountant.
- Assist in ensuring that the procedures manual relating to all aspects of the accruals & prepayments, fixed assets and related areas are up to date.
- Assist in any ad hoc exercises as directed by the Manager, Financial Accounting.
- Assist in tracking and recording of intra-group transactions.
- Qualified or Part-qualified accountant, or working towards accounting qualification
- At least 2 years relevant accounting experience
- Ideally SUN Systems and Q&A experience, Workday desirable
- IT literate with intermediate Excel skills
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work as part of a team