Custody Product Manager (EMEA Based)
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges through solutions, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged professionals are essential to our success.
Our commitment to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. Role
The Custody Product organisation is recruiting for a Custody Product Manager to develop and evolve the Global Custody Product Function globally. State Street's product organisation is leading an exciting period of transformation for the business and requires experienced product managers with deep subject matter expertise to join the team and take the business forward. The role is EMEA based. Function
As a Global Custody Product Manager you will be responsible for leading the Global Custody development roadmap, strategic innovation and proactive engagement with clients, Pricing and market infrastructure. Developing the Custody product definition and competitive analysis. The Global Custody market is embarking on a period of significant change with the move to shortened settlement cycle and digital innovation from market infrastructure and State Street is looking to play a leadership role in these market changes. The role requires deep domain expertise of the Global Custody market along with commercial experience and analytical skills. The role reports to the head of EMEA Custody Product Management. Responsibilities
The Custody Product Manager will have responsibility for the following
- Working closely with the EMEA Custody Head to set the strategy, vision and goals for the business and required investment.
- Setting the strategy for engagement in industry and market infrastructure working groups and representing State Street in these forums.
- Documenting the product definition and standards for our Global Custody solution and working with the Global Delivery teams to create a consistent operating model.
- Working through the P&L to identify areas for improvement, understanding the cost, revenue and margin driver. Support the Global Custody financial reporting
- Monitoring the Product Performance and Customer Satisfaction
- Provide domain expertise in the day to day running of the business .
- Work with the segments and coverage heads, representing the business to clients and prospects.
- Support and enable sales success through participation to deal teams in RfP and client presentations.
- Identify areas for improvement of the core product.
- Management of Incident and Crisis' impacting Global Custody
- Deep subject matter expertise of the Custody family of products; Global Custody, Direct Custody and associated FX and Cash products.
- Deep subject matter expertise of the risk, legal and commercial aspects of Global Custody
- Prior experience of successfully performing product manager or operation leadership roles
- Prior experience of leading complex change agendas.
- Track record of engagement with complex clients, solutioning operating models and translating requirements into feature function capability for State Street platforms.
- Familiarity with industry integration tools and their applicability in shortening the chain of custody across the investment lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, internal and external.
- Seasoned VP with 10+ years experience in Securities Services.
- Worked in Product organisations in prior roles.
- Prior experience working in Operations and / or technology.
- Consultative experience working with institutional investors.
- Strong team player who is comfortable working across complex organisations and collaborating with partners.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.