Description About this role About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognises outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognised for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $10 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our proprietary technology Aladdin and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Technology & Operations (T&O) is responsible for the firm's worldwide operations across all asset classes and geographies. The operational functions are aligned with clients, products, fund structures and our third-party provider networks. Global Investment Operations (GIO), a function within T&O, is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. Professionals hired into this role will become intimate with all operational flows and operational processes, including architecting operational solutions and maintaining relationships with portfolio managers and traders, our end clients, brokers, custodian banks, fund accountants and administrators, and more.
The Asset Operations team is a control function within GIO. The team is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of position records in Aladdin to facilitate trading, accounting, client servicing and other business functions. These goals are accomplished by performing a range of position oversight activities, including reconciliations, and partnering with custodians, transfer agents, prime brokers and other providers to ensure successful alignment. About the Role
As the Vice President of Asset Operations in EMEA, this role will be responsible for risk management, employee development, strategic projects, controls governance and leading the regional team, including:
About the Candidate
- Running day to day operations with a focus on process oversight
- Co-developing medium- and long-term plans to ensure continued success of the team
- Contributing to broader organizational goals and initiatives
- Highlighting and solving for operational risk inherent with new business
- Creating a positive, inclusive and constructive team culture
- Develop and manage the overall performance of the team and individuals, which will include recruitment, coaching, mentoring, planning, training, learning and development as well as assessing performance and managing talent and careers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal & external partners, including leading & coordinating problem resolution
- Identify and drive process improvement opportunities that lower the risk of errors and increase efficiency
- Leading issue resolution across BlackRock and external entities
- Identifying exception root causes and improving upstream processes to avoid exceptions
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability leading impactful teams
- 6+ years of investment management and/or securities operations experience
- Proven knowledge of investment post-trade and asset servicing functions
- Shown success mentoring and developing employees
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills to deal directly with and across all levels of staff and management
- Ability to evaluate processes inefficiencies, identify and implement business operational improvements and resolve issues
- Technical ability to utilise, understand and identify improvements for software
- Innovative problem solving capabilities and ability to think and act quickly
- Thorough attention to detail
- Outstanding time management, multi-tasking, prioritization and organization skills
- Strong adaptability and flexibility
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.