Senior Manager, Financial Reporting Risk
A globally renowned Financial Institution is looking for a candidate at Senior Manager level to join their regional Financial Reporting Risk team focus on the control on their Insurance business
- Support the Head of Financial Reporting Risk Asia and Global Insurance Risk Steward in enabling an effective Financial Reporting Risk Stewardship
- Oversee an effective internal control environment for the firm's financial reporting within the second line of defence
- Provide independent oversight and guidance over financial reporting risk reporting in Asia as well as Global Insurance Business in order to ensure compliance with the Financial Reporting Risk Policy
- Design and Implement an appropriate control framework for the effective management of Financial Reporting Risk
- Support the design and provide advice for the internal controls over financial reporting, specifically for insurance business IFRS17 implementation,
- Provide guidance on control monitoring expectations.
- Review challenges throughout the Risk and Control Assessment process within the business, including inherent risk, residual risk, control effectiveness ratings, and control breakdown
- Provide management information and analytics for global and regional level oversight and management discussion.
- Provide advice, review and challenge over issues and actions as well as internal events, including root cause analysis, issue read across, path to green and closure.
- Engage and provide oversight of risks arising from change initiatives including IFRS 17, external environment changes and emerging risks, ensuring that the risk and control impacts are identified and managed
- Execute an excellent stakeholder management and work closely with teams across locations and time zones
- Work in partnership with control offices across the Global Businesses and Functions, the regional Financial Reporting Risk Stewards, Actuarial second line team, Model Risk second line team, SOX team, Assurance teams as well as the IFRS 17 programme
- Sound risk management and control monitoring experience is a MUST
- Knowledge and understanding of Insurance business is highly preferred
- Good knowledge of Financial Reporting risk and process and/or Sarbanes Oxley requirement
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with experience in a complex global / regional environment
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills