Details of the Division and Team:
A Passion to Perform is what drives us. More than a claim, this describes the way we do business. We're committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we're driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level, agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management business is one of the largest wealth managers worldwide. We offer affluent clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management.
As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations. We create lasting value for clients. We develop bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate & Investment Bank and Deutsche Asset Management. We combine financial strength and stability with trustworthy partnership and forward-thinking in order to build sustainable and beneficial client relationships.
The IPB Agile Capital Markets Squad
The IPB Agile Squad does support the Business and delivers small to large business and/or IT changes, planned and executed as per Agile framework. The Squad delivers
Revenues enablers (new products, new trading capabilities...);
Efficiency related improvements (both Execution and Post Execution);
Regulatory, Compliance and Audit related needs;
Technical projects and other deliveries that will not be part of the BA role perimeters.
The Squad is composed of a Product Owner, a Scrum Master, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts, Developers, Environments Managers, and IT Application Owners. The Product Owner defines and drives the Book-of-Work, supported by the Scrum Master who keeps tracks of progresses (JIRA user stories) and may also lead some deliveries (mainly IT related).You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
- The Capital Markets and APAC Investments Product Owners do report to Global Tribe Lead. They manage their respective Squads to deliver their Book-of-Works across Business, Compliance / Regulatory and Technical deliveries.
- As the Capital Markets Squad is facing Front-Office stakeholders (Dealers, Bankers, COO Teams...), it is important for the Product Owner and his Squad to be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and accommodate:
- Planned works, as per the baseline defined in the Agile Roadmap;
- Unplanned works such as new Compliance needs for instance;
- Level 3 support on critical incidents that may occur.
Your skills and experience:
- Manage/Lead the Squad with support of the Scrum Master and the Tribe Lead: Business Analysts, Technical Analysts, IT Application Owners, Developers, Testers, Environments Managers.
- Manage Business stakeholders and the Book-of-Work (prioritized works as well as backlog).
- Define and execute the overall Delivery roadmap, accommodating changing priorities and replanning accordingly.
- Ensure full Alignment and manage Dependencies
- with the Tribe Lead and the wider Capital Markets Tribe;
- with other Agile Tribes;
- with all other contributors such as Global Markets teams and external Vendors.
- Lead the Business Analysts on the ground and take yourself ownership of some Business Analysis, making sure that the Team. The Product Owner is expected to be very hands-on and deliver alongside his Team:
- Captures the voice of the customers to scope the changes: Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Think outside the box, always consider business need, and be prepared to challenge the stakeholders. Any solution must be cost-optimum;
- Formalizes the business requirements (Confluence Project Page and JIRA user stories): document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions (As-Is and Target workflows), use cases, scenarios.
- Document the As-Is and Define the Target Architectures (functional/technical) with the support of Capital Markets Architects and other contributors (CIB, Vendors...);
- Defines and Leads the adequate governance for each business deliveries;
- Executes the delivery plan, anticipate and trouble shoot issues, escalate any deviations against the plan on a timely manner. Think out of the box to plan and adapt.
- Formalizes the test plan and the detailed test cases, approved by the stakeholders.
- Executes the QA phase and obtained Sponsors' sign off;
- Updates the Business operational procedures and ensure the business readiness, which includes users training and handover to BAU teams (both operational and IT);
- Ensures post go live follow up with all relevant Business and IT Teams;
- Ensures the good relationship and maintain strong momentum from all contributors
- Report on the progresses, risks and issues. Escalate to the Tribe Lead on a timely manner;
- As part of innovation, to drive and improve front to back operational efficiencies and employee productivity through platform and process improvement initiatives;
- Ensure adequate Knowledge management across the squad to mitigate any key Staff risks.
- Builds expertise in a few areas and share this acquired knowledge across the Team
- 12+ years of experience in the Financial Industry (CIB and/or Wealth Management), exposure to both Buy Side or Sell Side Capital markets
- 6+ years in a Change-The-Bank Leadership role: Team Management, Management of Priorities vs Resources, Management of Senior Stakeholders; Having managed a CTB Team in Agile mode;
- Track record as a hands-on Business facing Delivery Lead, with significant experience in Capital Markets, who has worked with Front-Office stakeholders as well as all actors of the front-to-back chain;
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements;
- Great knowledge of Capital Markets and associated Front-to-Back processing chains. Strong functional expertise across Capital Markets products such as:
- Cash FX, FX Derivatives, FX Structured Products and Markets;
- Cash Equities, Equity Derivatives, Equity Structured Products and Markets;
- Interest Rates Derivatives and Credit Products/Markets;
- Funds / ETFs...;
- Good Knowledge of Global Markets Regulations;
- Good understanding of Finance Technology, ability to work with Developers and Architecture teams. Knowledge of Trading, Middle Office and BackOffice platforms such as Bloomberg, Avaloq, FinIQ
- Vendor management experience
- Strong Management skills: to lead the Team from the ground across a variety of deliveries (Business, Compliance/Regulatory and IT);
- Excellent interpersonal skills: good negotiation and conflicts management skills, able to build momentum / define consensus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, managers, and subject matter experts. Be able to adapt to the interlocutor;
- Structured, organized and results oriented approach, demonstrating a high level of diligence and attention to detail and the ability to ensure high quality and consistency in the deliverables produced;
- Ability to manage relationship with business stakeholders, COO Office, Business Integrity & Control Functions along with IT teams (users, development, architecture, integration?)
- Ability to multi task, be flexible and allocate time according to moving priorities
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies.How we'll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career