Description About this role
BlackRock's Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) group provides investment strategies and solutions that employ sophisticated asset allocation, risk management, and extensive research to deliver specific outcomes tailored to client needs.
The Multi-Manager Platform (MMP) is an integral newly launched Platform in MASS. The MMP was created in response to the rapid business growth the business has experienced and is designed to serve clients better, increase operational efficiency, and drive success in third-party relationships. The ability to incorporate third-party managers into the portfolios we build is a crucial differentiator for BlackRock. The MMP has three distinct pillars: Manager Research & Selection, Manager Implementation & Infrastructure and Relationship Management. Manager Research & Selection focuses on identifying and combining managers to generate alpha through in-depth investment and operational due diligence and focuses on creating scalable research and frameworks to expand our coverage of available investment options. Manager Implementation & Infrastructure partners with other internal teams to build out new data models and infrastructure platform in Aladdin for third-party managers; they also are responsible for ensuring there is a consistent operating model for implementing managers into whole portfolio solutions at scale. Finally, Relationship Management is responsible for the overall relationship between MASS and each third-party manager and serves as the Multi-Manager Product Strategist for client engagements. Position Overview & Key Responsibilities
BlackRock is seeking a candidate to join the Manager Implementation & Infrastructure pillar to own the implementation of managers into whole portfolio solutions at scale.
The successful candidate will be a connector within the firm. In a 1BLK effort, you'll also collaborate within the MASS ecosystem, specifically with Core Portfolio Management, Client CIO teams, and our business partners within Distribution (institutional and wealth), Legal, Operations, and Technology.
In this role, you will:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Lead all aspects of manager lifecycle activity (onboarding, change management, and termination) across public and private markets investment structures, strategies, and instruments and client channels.
- Provide oversight of all related investment and deal specific documentation.
- Partner across MASS ecosystem to ensure a consistent and cohesive manager communication and engagement model.
- Serve as the central point of contact for BlackRock during manager lifecycle activity and ongoing manager oversight.
- Coordinate regulatory implementation and cross manager projects related to regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to innovation and platform strategy initiatives to increase operational efficiency and scalability.
- 7-10 years of asset management or financial services experience, preferably across a wide range of investment styles and traditional and alternative investment products.
- Experience with legal and commercial term contract negotiations, including investment guidelines and structuring.
- Experience across different asset classes (including equities, fixed income and alternatives), derivatives and separately managed accounts is preferable.
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment.
- Knowledge of various regulations and impact on a broad range of client types and investment strategies.
- Inclination for process design, able to handle various projects simultaneously, and remain calm when multi-tasking under compressed timelines.
- Detail and outcome oriented with intellectual curiosity that drives solution-based proposals.
- Strong communicator with an ability to synthesize sophisticated topics to a broad set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and networks.
- Strong interest to learn about and use Aladdin; a familiarity with Aladdin a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.