As a Central Compliance Technical Specialist, you will be part of the compliance team where you will advise, assist and support various stakeholders (including business and operations) in the conduct of their mission for digibank so that they can comply with the applicable laws and regulations. You will be primarily involved as a research subject matter expert in a wide range of regulations, and augmenting the Compliance Team with knowledge, opinions and assessments, and assisting with training stakeholders. You will also collaborate with the Central Compliance Transformation Specialists in maintaining the Register of Regulations, and help provide cover for certain Central Compliance functions of the Transformation Specialists.
The day-to-day activities:
- Collaborate with the Compliance team to advise and share knowledge, opinions and assessments, on a wide range of regulatory issues.
- Maintain the Register of Regulations (ROR) and collaborate with transformation specialists and subject matter experts.
- Draft compliance frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Assist Central Compliance Transformation Specialists with matters such as regulatory correspondences, disseminations, requests for information, inspections, risk assessments and meetings.
- Assist in the investigation of any breaches of regulatory and market conduct requirements and internal policies and rules (e.g. via complaints received) and follow up on resolutions.
- Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders (including business and operations) on applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; and acting as a contact point for compliance queries.
- Be able to assess and interpret the potential impact of applicable financial regulations and rules on business and product development.
- Coordinate closely with subject matter experts to implement risk mitigation strategies in key areas such as personal data protection, transaction monitoring, business continuity and information security.
- Conduct periodic compliance risk assessment to review the appropriateness of the compliance programs including compliance policies and procedures, follow up on any identified deficiencies and formulate proposals for amendments.
- Develop training materials for senior management, relevant employees and business partners regarding key compliance risks and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Record, update, disseminate and advise the various units / departments of any implications of new regulations/ regulatory changes and provide guidance on the proper and prompt implementation of policies and procedures to comply with the requirements.
- Assist with liaising with the relevant external bodies including regulators, standard setters, and external experts, where required.
The must haves:
- Strong sense of purpose, stewardship, driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
- A university degree.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in providing regulatory compliance services in the financial sector such as banking, financial advisory and capital markets.
- Relevant local consumer / SME banking and other financial sector experience with a deep understanding of the Banking Act, Financial Advisers Act, Securities and Futures Act, and other industry compliance practices.
- Regulatory experience in advising, and exposure to, a wide range of banking businesses and issues, at both Singapore and the regional levels, would be advantageous.
- Ability to interact and communicate well in writing and verbally with broad ranges of audiences including senior management and stakeholders from various business functions.
- Must be able to collaborate with various senior stakeholders from other functional teams.
- Possess a strong analytical ability, good problem-solving skills and be meticulous.
- Proven experience in engaging and maintaining good relationships with regulators.
- Preferably knowledge or skills in using technology like data analytic tools to analyse or monitor potential compliance risks.