About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Front end web development using React, CSS in JS, Redux and Saga.
- Write tests using Jest and enzyme.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that matches design.
- Integrate the UI with the REST APIs.
- Drive components contribution and reusability.
- Coordinate application deployment.
- Collaborate with designers to maintain and approve the web application's design.
- Work independently while contributing as part of the squad and deliver in Agile model.
- Work with Product Owner(s) and Se nior Team members to translate business requirements to technical requirements, including establish delivery timelines and deliverables
- Help team members when required.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 6 years in software engineering and development using React, Redux, Saga, HTML, CSS, Java Script.
- Strong Agile delivery track record, and eager to contribute actively within SCB's Agile community
- Strong experience in Java Script/ES6.
- Deep understanding of ReactJS best practices and adherence to it.
- Experience with CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins.
- Strong command in Data structures, algorithms
- Strong problem solving skills and logical reasoning skills
- Professional and clean code writing and code review skills
- CCIB Banking domain experience
- Banking process Knowledge
- Good experience in Data Tools like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Hive QL, Scripting etc
- Passionate about code quality and a strong desire to establish standards of "Best Practice".
- Knowledgeable in TypeScript, Storybook, Webpack, Babel, Web related technologies.
- Ability to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centred design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management and user research
- High level of autonomy and influence to unblock delivery of results (evaluate and solve difficult problems involving various teams ranging from data instrumentation to analytics tool development)
- Complete understanding of ReactJS and its main fundamentals like JSX, Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, etc.
- Preceding experience with ReactJS workflows like Flux, Redux, Create React App, data structure libraries
- Understanding of RESTful APIs/GraphQL, HTML/CSS, ES6 (variables and scoping, array methods),
- Code versioning tools like GIT, SVN, etc., popular frontend development tools, CI/CD tools, DevOps, performance testing frameworks like Mocha, Node + NPM
- Preferred degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- React JS
- React Native
- Java script
- Core Java
- Unit testing
- Code programming, logical and problem solving skills
- Core Data Analytics Skills
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers