Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. YOUR IMPACT
We are looking for a professional and dynamic individual, with experience in day-ahead gas and power scheduling. With preferred experience in intraday scheduling of renewable and conventional assets. They would be able to help shape a new business area through working with multiple stakeholders and providing key design solutions, drawn from their experience. They should have a commercial mindset, keen eye for detail, with a key focus on operational & delivery risk. Able to multi-task and work well under pressure. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Gas and Power Logistics are responsible for managing all aspects of physical deliveries of Gas, Power and Emissions for the European Gas and Power business. The team partners very closely with the Trading business to assist them in managing any risks which arise from our physical gas and power trading. We also compile market intelligence and analysis for the Trading desk using our knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the European gas and power markets. Additionally, the team partners with Sales, Legal, Technology and other internal stakeholders to on-board new physical transactions, markets and products. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Managing all physical gas, power and emissions deliveries via internal systems and external vendors.
- Assisting the Euro Gas and Power traders in daily power auction bid submission and cross border capacity auctions.
- Providing Traders & Sales Teams with timely and accurate market data.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Gas & Power Industry to enable the impact of any market structure changes to be understood and communicated to the Business and other internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring all market structure changes are managed to ensure continued participation in physical market and auction platforms.
- Partner with Technology to further enhance systems and processes
- Oversee and assist with the Euro Gas and Power traders in daily power auction bid submission and cross border capacity auctions.
- Partner with Technology to design and further enhance systems and processes.
- Build strong relationships and partner with Technology, the Business and work with external vendors
- Experience in day-ahead power scheduling
- Strong time management skills and ability to work well under pressure and with competing tasks
- Demonstrate Risk & Control Focus
- Technical & Analytical Focus with attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment.
- Team oriented approach - openness and good communication skills within the team and the ability to work across functions inside and outside of Operations.
- Innovation, able to suggest & implement ideas to complement & develop new processes as they evolve with the business.
- Self-motivated to manage projects and seek opportunities to enhance business benefit.
- Focus on control issues, processes and procedures.
- A European language whilst not essential would be advantageous.
- Experience in intraday power and gas scheduling
- Advanced Excel Skills preferred
- Project Management
- Strong understanding of Commodities
- Communication & Presentation skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity